Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged twice

Andmidori
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

charged twice

21 REPLIES 21

@Andmidori   it's definitely a new agent.  Ask to escalate and you can tell him it happened before  🙂

Andmidori

Thank you Good Citizen !!!!

the saga continues::  I have cut and pasted the latest....  the CS agent's response..then mine

Thank you for replying!   I doubt there is a 2nd active account.   There is indeed another account in draft state but it was not fully activated.   Most likely, there will not be another double-charge.   I suggest that we wait for the Billing Department to give us a resolution.   Kindly, ...

Andmidori
a moment ago

Im really sorry to say this agin ,...but the responses I'm getting from CS agents are simply illogical...

If as you say, there is a second account , which was not activated ( and presumably charged for , I'm not saying it was, I'm saying presumably,that is the issue) how would you possibly conclude that  the system wouldn't charge for both accounts again ? Think about that ..please !

It does seem like they just want customers to run away somewhere else if a customer comes up with a problem.

You might be on the last day of the paid service. An idea would be to log in and turn off autopay. Then log in to your credit card and pause it overnight from like 11pm eastern to about noon eastern. That would stop your account and the ghost account from renewing. Then unpause the card, log in to this account and turn on autopay and make a manual payment to reactivate the service. Then on Apr 20th see if the second charge happens. It absolutely should not as it absolutely should not have let these ghost accounts get created to begin with. But here we are.

Ask support to escalate. They might get rude and insistent or say that they are the escalation. Keep saying escalate until someone refunds your ghost account charge. This is THEIR glitch. You shouldn't have to pay for it.

@Andmidori 

Yes, by support, I meant CS agent

And yes, they will be able to help and sort it out.  I seen this happened before and they found the "ghost" account and deactivated that and provide refund.  No worry with one support saying "unable".   They can.  Just ask them to escalate if that particular person cannot.  PM has a great centre of CS agents, while one or two might not be experienced enough, many are very nice and able to provide great support 

Andmidori

When you say     "pretty sure support can sort that out for you"  I am assuming you are spaeking of the CS agents ? 

So far it seems as if they are helpless to do anything...as they say "unable".  Is there someione else I should be addressing this to ? It feels to me as if PUBLIC has intentionally made this a low cost DIY project so that if you have any problems  ther is no recourse...they have sufficiently distanced themselves from the customer...it's as if you are not their customer...but they charge you monthly nonetheless.

Andmidori

Yes , in fact I was just considering my situation and I came to that same conclusion...that I'm about to be charged twice again, both for an account I am using , and another account I am unaware of....which is odd since you would think that my PUBLIC page would show both...or that I would have 2 pages associated with my identity. Thak you for your email !!  I have copied and pasted and sent to the CS agent. Fingers crossed...

@Andmidori wrote:

I believe two accounts may have been created back to back...

@Andmidori 

this could happen if you got an error during activation and you re-attempt a second time.

Understand initial agent said they cannot do anything, but they can and they need to do something.  If you have two accounts created, both accounts will got charged month after month.  Please reply the message again, explain that likely it had two accounts created and they need to find out and cancel on of the two.  You might want to demand escalation so a senior staff could take care of it.

let us know how it turn out.  Pretty sure Support can sort it out for you so no worry

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Andmidori- And somehow we're all supposed to be deferential and respectful towards support. That is awfully hard to do when they are so very wrong so very often.

Andmidori

I think you must have misunderstood.  I signed up with PUBLIC on Feb 19..there were 2 charges to my credit card on Feb 19. I have sent them the CS agent the credit card statement showing the 2 charges...and the response is "there is nothing we can do " .  but this makes it sound like a simple thing....this has actually been a back and forth series of emails , I have lost count.....its ...they are giving me the run around. ..saying speak to the bank. The bank has nothing at all to do with it, and the credit card company charges according to the charges Public put through, they don't put charges on my card  all by themselves. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Andmidori the community is where customers and members like yourself help out one another to hopefully quickly resolve issues quicker than submitting a ticket to CSA. Only CSA can see your account, as they are public representatives.

You posted this on March 7th, yet you see a pending charge on your credit card 14 days from this day on March 21st? Or did you typo and mean a different date?

Remember plans are 30 days here, not monthly. Also, plans are prepaid, so all funds must be provided to Public Mobile before your services even start for your plan cycle.

Perhaps if you share your payment history from My Account it may help investigate the issue:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

If still having an issue submitting a ticket, use the 2nd option in the below link to private message CSA.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Andmidori

I believe two accounts may have been created back to back...which would explain both, why I was charged twice on February 19th and also why the system doesn't recognize my password even though I have verified it more than twice...so the process of submitting a ticket isn't working because it doesn't recognize my password..

Andmidori

Yes  , I did ,  that is what I believe the issue is...

Hi @Andmidori sound like you might have created 2 accounts when joined.  

Submit a ticket with CS agent , ask them to check specifically if 2 account were created back to back 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We're trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Did you possibly have some errors and do-overs when you signed up?

Andmidori

I don't understand how this community system works for something like this....yes it's great for info  but  the community can't reverse my overcharge...

Andmidori

Thanks..I don't see anything called "self service"...ther IS a pending charge March 21....but that will be the third charge in a one month period. 

Andmidori

No they are both processed charges....and it's not for the next month because my plan started Feb 19 and there is pending chrage for March 21...same amount minus the $10 promo I wa supposed to get on the second charge....so two payments were processed Feb 19 and they obviously didn't count the second one as a second payment otherwise the promo would be coming off that rather than the pending charge March 21.

Andmidori

Only myself  uses the credit card and the mobile account. My credit card was charged twice for $28.25.....but my Public mobile account states it was charged once  for $ 25.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Andmidori 

Check your account balance in self service. If the extra payment is sitting there then just leave and it will be used on your next renewal date.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you see these charges on your PM account or on credit card?

Does anybody else uses your credit card to pay for PM services?

@Andmidori wrote:

charged twice

Is it possible that one charge is a pending charge on  your card's online statement?

Need Help? Let's chat.