cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost SIM for my school going son

shabi555
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my son has lost his phone so as the SIM . i want to suspend his account as we are still paying for his sim 

how to do it as as i only have hi s phone number only 

3 REPLIES 3

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @shabi555 

You can of course put the phone on lost or stolen like suggested, but a faster way of things may be able to contact local Telus stores and ask if they happen to carry Public Mobile SIM cards. If so, you can purchase that, have him or yourself log into his account and change the SIM card number. Then place that SIM card into a new phone. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you ever create PM account?

If yes, log in and declare phone lost/stolen:

Go to ‘Profile’ TAB
Click on ‘Report Lost / Stolen Phone’

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shabi555 

You need to login to his account on the self-serve portal. Once on the portal you can go to the Profile tab and scroll all the way down and select the option “Report Lost/Stolen Phone”.

This will put a hold on the account so the SIM cannot be used. Once you get a new physical SIM card you can add that to the account in the profile tab in the “My Number” section by clicking the pencil icon beside the old SIM number to put in the new one. Once you have a changed to the new SIM you can safely resume service.

If you don’t have access to your son’s account you will have to reach out to customer service to see if they can assist you. You will have to provide enough info to prove that your son is the account holder. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.