cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of rewards

shallow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why did I lose my rewards of loyalty, pre-authorized payments, and refer-a-friend rewards when you forced me to migrate to the new public points system. You clearly state "you will not lose rewards.

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No more monetary rewards! Now you get 5% off your bill back in points, 10 points at anniversary and 1 point for every referral. If you participate in Community few more points could be awarded.

When you collect 15+ points you have to manually convert them to $15, it will not be automatic applied toward your bill.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shallow That is only referring to "leftover" bill credits already in your balance, not future rewards.

There may have been a delay in the points being credited to your account. You should have received 5 points as a welcome bonus also. If they don't appear you should contact support.

You may want to take a look at the announcement post here if you haven't already and perhaps leave a reply there as well where others may be able to weigh in. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

shallow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"I still have leftover rewards from the old program that I want to use - do I lose these rewards?

No, you won’t lose any leftover rewards from the old program. Any credits earned up to May 2024 will remain on your account and be applied to your future bills."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

My payment has been automatically taken out of my account so I assume that is the "next renewal". I am still not seeing any points for referrals in my account.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Where was that stated? The whole point of switching everyone to the points system was to take away the rewards we were previously earning.

You should receive equivalent points for referred friends added to your account at some point before your next renewal, but monthly loyalty and pre-authorized payment rewards have been removed. Instead, you will receive 10 anniversary points once per year. Once you've earned 15 points they can be redeemed for a $15 credit off your bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.