cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live chat

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Good morning  has anyone else noticed this live chat for activation or am I late hearing about it? https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

48 REPLIES 48

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it's temporary. Like all good things, eventually they will come to an end. And then come the long support requests/

@iliketotalk wrote:

@gblackma @I couldn’t agree with you more I will certainly take your advice did you notice he took the solution for himself after I gave it to you now that was scummy

@iliketotalk A total fabrication, as you know. I changed the solution and as OP you were notified unless the system failed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ld-rbt Live chat feature is only for new people that need help activating their SIM cards or need to ask a simple question. It is not for problems.

Ld-rbt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that I am same you and I didn’t know about that

Ld-rbt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How I can use live chat ? 

and what is the benefits of this program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my almost 2 years here I've never seen an announcement from Oracles. Also because they can't post in the Announcement category either.

@Anonymous  I'm pretty sure that you know that it's not impossible, but I wouldn't do it because it could undermine the people who work for Public Mobile. If they wanted something annouced, it would have already been done. 

Then your "pretty sure" radar is on the fritz. 🙂 I would have had no knowledge that Oracles can post in the Announcement category. I would agree with your motives.

@Anonymous wrote:

In my almost 2 years here I've never seen an announcement from Oracles. Also because they can't post in the Announcement category either.

@Anonymous  I'm pretty sure that you know that it's not impossible, but I wouldn't do it because it could undermine the people who work for Public Mobile. If they wanted something announced, it would have already been done. 

@iliketotalk wrote:

@ShawnC13 well if it wasn't you it's not hard to figure who then so you can pass off the scummy to them!!

@iliketotalk , it wasn't anyone who has posted in this thread.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@gblackma we were given a heads-up in the Oracle section we were not told when it was going live.  We can't make any announcements and if we made a post that it was coming and it got delayed for some reason members would be mad at us then as well.  

As it says in the article about oracles we are given advance messages of upcoming things ( sometimes) it is not our position to announce them or make that information public.

@iliketotalk I didn't change anything in this thread so the scummy comment is uncalled for

@ShawnC13 well if it wasn't you it's not hard to figure who then so you can pass off the scummy to them!!

@gblackma we were given a heads-up in the Oracle section we were not told when it was going live.  We can't make any announcements and if we made a post that it was coming and it got delayed for some reason members would be mad at us then as well.  

As it says in the article about oracles we are given advance messages of upcoming things ( sometimes) it is not our position to announce them or make that information public.

@iliketotalk I didn't change anything in this thread so the scummy comment is uncalled for

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@gblackma wrote:
  1. So, why wasn't this announced here? It seems like something either the Moderstors or you Oracles should have announced it. "Hey there for a limited period of time we will be opening Telus live chat to help new users register etc."
  2. It isn't announced, and the rest of of us here, we stumble onto it by accident and we learn that you knew about this before and it was some kind of secret to keep over the rest of us.
  3. I respect the Oracle position. It's a nice little badge and I get to add signatures. My problem is I have absolutely no respect for 4 of the 6 current Oracles, so I tend to ignore them. I gave my respect to the Oracle badge, but when the wearers failed to live up to it. They lost it.

I have to figure that you are up for review or something since you are being a lot nicer around here lately. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? We do. 

Announcing is totally up to PM staff. There is no way they would let us announce anything. There is a lot going on and i guess they either did not find time to post or decided not to announce as most likely this is a temporary thing until PM stores stay closed.

I wish you gave us your respect when you started. We are not under review or anything like that. In fact, it seems to be the other way around.

@gblackma @I couldn’t agree with you more I will certainly take your advice did you notice he took the solution for himself after I gave it to you now that was scummy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma 

So if the forum hears about something by the way then so be it. What does it matter? Is it worth yet another hate-on with the Oracles?

I'll say it again. None of this matters. For the 1% it's a whole 15 bucks for countless hours spent refreshing and posting. Been there. Not worth it. Those same Oracles get their 20 bucks for all this hate and grief and insanity going on for the last while. Is that worth it for them? I certainly don't envy them these days.

I've had my own run-ins with them but it's not worth all this hate. It doesn't matter.

1. So, why wasn't this announced here? It seems like something either the Moderstors or you Oracles should have announced it. "Hey there for a limited period of time we will be opening Telus live chat to help new users register etc."
  2. It isn't announced, and the rest of of us here, we stumble onto it by accident and we learn that you knew about this before and it was some kind of secret to keep over the rest of us.
  3. I respect the Oracle position. It's a nice little badge and I get to add signatures. My problem is I have absolutely no respect for 4 of the 6 current Oracles, so I tend to ignore them. I gave my respect to the Oracle badge, but when the wearers failed to live up to it. They lost it.

I have to figure that you are up for review or something since you are being a lot nicer around here lately. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? We do. 

@ShawnC13 when I said it would be good to solve issues I meant if they were to implement it in the future. Im on my ohome so I cant use the quotation marks 🙃

@ID10fault ouch. Maybe a bit over the top. I think voicing you opinion is cool, but name calling. Yeah no beuno

@ShawnC13 devils advocate here lol....as a newer member from what I have heard, seen and read brovos dont really matter. if you look at bravos given you can notice that those that are more active will get more bravos. When I read a recent announcement from PM it literally said if you like something give it a bravos. No other parameter is stated, some people like giving out love and even letting others know hey I noticed you commented keep up the good work.

If bravos carry so much weight then PM should come in and give sistinct rules to bravos. Some of you have been here for years and it seems the culture might be changing and there has been lots of kick back and even repremanding of people. 

Thoughts? 

note: I have read posts from back in 2015 that point out some of the current oracles that were not oracles at the time as posting to too many threads. So seeemingly this has always been an issue when new keeners come in. 

Screenshot_20200425_124704_com.brave.browser.jpg

@Naepalm @No I haven’t had the time with all the foolishness going on lol

BearFBI

@Naepalm I don't know about dotmobile. There not going well. The big 3 won't offer them a good price and they simply don't want lower cost telecoms. Canadas wireless is really Sad. The other thing about dot is that they are brand new and they wouldn't have as robust payment systems and website as Public Mobile. If public mobile is buggy here and there. I can only imagine dotmobile.

@Naepalm wrote:

@BearFBI @iliketotalk live support is a good way to help solve issues. 

@Naepalm  The live chat here isn't for support issues though this will be strictly for activations.  It is run by the manager of the PM kiosks from their homes while their kiosk is closed.  Once things open up again we were told that this option wouldn't be available.

@will13am yeah I think its more of a discussion or even pointing out to new users what they can do to get even more help. 

@BearFBI @iliketotalk live support is a good way to help solve issues. 

@fdrcamb519 

there are some new discount providers like dot.mobile that are proposing to have a live call back when you are not able to figure out the answer through a moderator or bot. I think it is a good idea. But with that, I think they would need to set parameters so that the system is not overwhelmed with people wanting to talk.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@iliketotalk I had not seen that before either. keen eye! Did you try and use it lol

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Wow silence.  A thread usually get to pages and pages of responses and all of sudden this one goes dead.

Edited to Add:  Oh look longtime and very well respect members @Dunkman  and @wetcoaster  (we are really missing your contributions around here you two) seem to like the rant post.  I hope you both will join us here providing help again your absence has been noticed.  I hope it isn't an activity like what I have called out in this thread that has kept you away.

It is totally evident what you said has hit the mark.  Thus the silence.  Expect the "usual don't bully us, let us behave like spoiled brats" response.  

shep22

@will13am @So this is how you treat someone with a different point of view than yours you are just reinforcing what I just said

@shep22 wrote:

@ShawnC13 @will13am Hi this is why people don’t want to participate when you folks stand on your bully pulpit

@shep22 , that is a very selfish remark.  If what the oracles have been tasked to do is off putting to you, maybe this community is not for you.  

@shep22 wrote:

@ShawnC13 @will13am Hi this is why people don’t want to participate when you folks stand on your bully pulpit

@shep22 I am not standing on anything I am pointing out what has been noticed and why things are getting looked at.  I am trying to help the community survive by giving a heads-up.  This current activity will be the downfall of the community not me pointing out what is obvious to so many

shep22

Need Help? Let's chat.