cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live chat

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Good morning  has anyone else noticed this live chat for activation or am I late hearing about it? https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

48 REPLIES 48

Wow silence.  A thread usually get to pages and pages of responses and all of sudden this one goes dead.

Edited to Add:  Oh look longtime and very well respect members @Dunkman  and @wetcoaster  (we are really missing your contributions around here you two) seem to like the rant post.  I hope you both will join us here providing help again your absence has been noticed.  I hope it isn't an activity like what I have called out in this thread that has kept you away.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Hey Everyone, look at this thread and it will show why the whole reward system and bravo's are totally devalued and not sustainable for the game being played.  There was a question asked, the answer was given from the direct information provided by PUBLIC MOBILE and all the other posts got bravo's and solutions and the correct answer got nothing because it was given by an Oracle.  People are getting 3 Bravos for saying wow nice catch yet nothing for the actual answer.  This is killing the community and eventually the reward system.  This isn't happening in just this thread it is all over the board and I am giving you a heads-up it is being noticed by people who make the decisions and no that isn't the Oracles.  There are members that have given specific members over 4 TIMES as many bravos to the next closest person.  I don't know how else to say it but people need to remember what a bravo is for.

@iliketotalk  you talk about respect.  Look at this thread it is obvious what is going on you gave a solution to a post that said nice catch it wasn't there when I joined in December also bravo'd the post sure you may have seen it before my post as they were made at the same time but I know you saw my post as you continued with a question to me but still nothing.  People are bravoing secondary questions but not even the information provided from PM.  

Sorry for the rant but this thread truly shows the devaluation of the bravo and why PM is worried about the rewards and sustainability

+1,000,000!  No one that understands the term respect would bite the hand that feeds them.  

Hey Everyone, look at this thread and it will show why the whole reward system and bravo's are totally devalued and not sustainable for the game being played.  There was a question asked, the answer was given from the direct information provided by PUBLIC MOBILE and all the other posts got bravo's and solutions and the correct answer got nothing because it was given by an Oracle.  People are getting 3 Bravos for saying wow nice catch yet nothing for the actual answer.  This is killing the community and eventually the reward system.  This isn't happening in just this thread it is all over the board and I am giving you a heads-up it is being noticed by people who make the decisions and no that isn't the Oracles.  There are members that have given specific members over 4 TIMES as many bravos to the next closest person.  I don't know how else to say it but people need to remember what a bravo is for.

@iliketotalk  you talk about respect.  Look at this thread it is obvious what is going on you gave a solution to a post that said nice catch it wasn't there when I joined in December also bravo'd the post sure you may have seen it before my post as they were made at the same time but I know you saw my post as you continued with a question to me but still nothing.  People are bravoing secondary questions but not even the information provided from PM.  

Sorry for the rant but this thread truly shows the devaluation of the bravo and why PM is worried about the rewards and sustainability

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@iliketotalk wrote:

@will13am well if you don"t like it you have the power do something about it as far as respect that's something earned Good day!!

I am not asking you to respect me, just the oracle position.  

@will13am well if you don"t like it you have the power do something about it as far as respect that's something earned Good day!!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel Yeah I'm wondering if that would happen. It might. That would be pretty awesome 

@iliketotalk wrote:

@will13am Are you serious yes you are off topic!!

Yes I am serious otherwise I would not bring it up.  While I respect free speech, there is the integrity of the community reward system to uphold.  It is one of the oracle tasks.  You don't have to like it but at least show the appropriate level of respect.

@will13am Are you serious yes you are off topic!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry for being off topic, I fail to see what the problem was here and how there was a solution offered?  

@BearFBI it's probably in the beta stages, so they're just testing it out on new activations only. most likely they're going to migrate to this type of Interaction. they've implemented it onto the website now, moderators can tap into this in the near future. 

BearFBI

They seem to be leveraging the TELUS live chat. They aren't mods so they can't help with problems. It's really just like activating at Walmart with an employee. And you can ask questions. I wonder if Public Mobile is going to expand on this in the future and possibly use it to solve important problems like no service or payment problems faster than the mods can 🤔 it would totally change the service model. Possibly making it better. Look at lucky mobile they have call centers. I don't need call centers but a live chat would be nice. PM looses a few customers to lucky and chatr because they have live support. But moderator response times have been amazing. They responded to me in 10 minuites. Also apparently there are limited staff and long response times due to covid. If 10 minuites is long then wow.

fdrcamb519

Would be really nice if kept as a permanent feature. Live always better especially when activating first time.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

seems they've actually listened and added push notifications and a better customer service! 

Good on you PM!

this is probably one of the "big changes'' they mentioned doing in the announcement section.

@totalUser 

BearFBI

@iliketotalkWow nice catch. It must've went live yesterday or a couple of days ago as I havent seen that.

@iliketotalk , it is new not sure when it went live.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iliketotalk this would be for activations.  It is only an option while kiosks are closed during the social distancing.  We (Oracles) were told it is run by the managers of the kiosks and they can help guide you through activation but can't help with account or service issues.

@ShawnC13 yes it is I.m surprised it's not being mentioned a lot is it just new? what a nice feature maybe they will have specials like in store!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iliketotalk this would be for activations.  It is only an option while kiosks are closed during the social distancing.  We (Oracles) were told it is run by the managers of the kiosks and they can help guide you through activation but can't help with account or service issues.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@iliketotalk I think thats new. It wasn't there in December when I activated. Nice catch.👍

Need Help? Let's chat.