cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

land line transfer

zhengbe21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I make a landline transfer to a public mobile? Because the landline cannot take text messages, I do not know how to make the transfer successfully.

Please give me some advises.

8 REPLIES 8

@zhengbe21 wrote:

Can I still use the landline during the waiting time?

HI @zhengbe21 

yes

After you submitted your porting request, your landline will work normal, both inbound and outbond works

for your PM cell, you can make outbound calls, and it will show on other's call display your landline number,  it is normal. But you won't receive any calls on the PM phone., until the porting is completed.  

Of course, when porting is completed, your landline will not work anymore, and all inbound calls will then go to your PM phone

zhengbe21

Can I still use the landline during the waiting time?

@zhengbe21  Yes Telus Koodo public same umbrella 

zhengbe21

The link is Koodo mobile. Does it apply to public mobile as well? Thanks

And @zhengbe21 remember , the landline must be active and you do not close the account of the landline.  Once the porting is done, the account will be closed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@zhengbe21  First check that the number can be ported 

Check to see if # can be ported

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

if it. An know it can take up to 5 days to transfer and you just have to keep checking phone each day until it does 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @zhengbe21 

yes, you can transfer landline into PM.  With landline transfer, provide the account number as well as the phone number.  And yes, now SMS authorization needed.  But it will take longer, like as many as 7 days

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can, @zhengbe21 

It just takes a few days longer and DOES NOT require a port authorization request, like a mobile to mobile port.

Just make sure to:

1. provide Public Mobile with the prior provider's Account Number when entering port information during the activation process.   
  2. Use the Public Mobile APP on Android or Apple.   
  3. Get a referral code from an existing customer (or ask someone here to supply one).   
  4. Have a credit card ready
  5. Have an e-mail address ready
  6. Get a PM SIM card, or use eSIM option
Need Help? Let's chat.