cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 13

barbie_stacie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I just got an iPhone 13; with my last phone, I removed the SIM and installed it on my phone and no problem, everything worked. With this iPhone 13, it says the SIM is not compatible. I then downloaded the app and went to buy an esim for the phone but the app says my phone is not compatible with eSIM. Does anyone have some advice to figure out how to get this resolved?

If I put the SIM back in my iPhone 11XR it works fine. 

My iPhone 13 says to contact Public Mobile because it is not compatible....

TIA

13 REPLIES 13

HI @barbie_stacie  glad it helped and worked!!

barbie_stacie

yeah, in that options screen, I did not see "no SIM restrictions" I didn't see anything actually amongst that list in the settings. But its all good now. Thank you! 

barbie_stacie

I'm not, which is messed up. It's all good now; I have 4 phones with public and one with Lucky. after I swapped them, it worked; so weird. I did restart the phone over, so that could have been the issue, too.

@barbie_stacie  .hahahaha we happy to hear I suspect putting it in one phone to the other helped to force the SIM card to reprovision itself . So excellent  enjoy your new iPhone and merrry Christmas 🎅 

barbie_stacie

Thanks, everyone. What a weird, messed-up thing! I then re-input the public mobile SIM, and now it works fine. 

@barbie_stacie wrote:

I tried my sons Lucky mobile, I think the phone is locked by BELL Canada. Although I thought they were not allowed to lock phones anymore...

HI @barbie_stacie 

then you need to ask Bell or Lucky to unlock it.  Are you customers with them?

if it is a private sell, you will to talk to the seller and ask him to help

barbie_stacie

I tried my sons Lucky mobile, I think the phone is locked by BELL Canada. Although I thought they were not allowed to lock phones anymore...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @barbie_stacie 

where you got the iPhone from? private sell? it might be the phone was locked  

check here: Open Settings > General > About, Scroll down to locate the Network Provider Lock section. If the iPhone is unlocked, it should say that there is No SIM restrictions. Should you see a different status, this means that the iPhone is locked.

barbie_stacie

Yeah, it is new to us out of the box. I'll try these and see what happens. 

The PM SIM card is compatible. It sounds like you just need to reset your networks for it to work.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @barbie_stacie 

Is the iPhone 13 brand new or is it used? You might want to just reset all your networks on the iPhone 13 and then shut down the phone, insert the SIM card and reboot. This should work. Just know that resetting networks will clear all the wifi passwords but... if the phone is new to you, then you probably haven't set any up. Give that a try.

barbie_stacie

Whenever I put it in the new phone, it immediately goes to SIM set up and won't let me get past that section. Then says not compatible? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@barbie_stacie  So the sim still works in the old phone . It should work in the new phone try it back in the new iphone and reset network settings . But here’s the link for support should they be needed 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.