cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible to have mobile data on a moto e(7) power...

nicoldans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi there!

i tried everything, i changed the apn settings with the ones on PM website, I even copied these settings from another motorola cellphone, still does not work. Any advice?

thanks!

50 REPLIES 50

@nicoldans   cool.. glad it works... enjoy.

since your phone does not have too many 4G bands, if any issue, try to change to the 3G Only and you might have better connection out of your phone.

nicoldans

after 2 factory resets and playing with the APN settings it finally worked

thank you all for your time and help, much appreciated

@nicoldans   Sorry to ask..  i thought you said Factory reset did not help.. you said you did it twice but not working.. then how can that be your  Accepted solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicoldans 

How to Reset Network Settings in MOTOROLA Moto E7

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

@nicoldans   I am not sure you will have much luck on this phone.  

Maybe it will work on some area but likely will cause you issues when you use it around town.  

You got this phone new?  did you try it on another network ?

nicoldans

@t_p i just did it...twice...does not work...

update: after 2 factory resets and playing with the APN setting it finally worked

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ummm is this a dual sim phone? Try installing the sim in the other slot. Can you also make sure to delete any previous providers APN settings.

@nicoldans 

Last resort: Do a factory reset and see how it goes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nicoldans 

Here's the APN on my moto g7+

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

@nicoldans   can you set APN Type to "Not Set" or empty?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicoldans : Might wanna give that thing some juice 🙂

So there are some other little options in the APN you could try. First of all do you have a couple more settings at the bottom?

MMS Proxy = mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS Port = 8799

Edit and save and then flip in/out of airplane to use. If you only have one APN then fine. If you have more than one then be sure to select it.

nicoldans

sorry is late: i was testing website google.ca

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541   I am just curious that it seems OP cannot lock it into 3G network.  From the spec, look like the phone would have better luck on the 3G network than 4G.  But from the latest screenshot, seems like the phone is still on 4G.   

Let's assume that he phone isn't compatible with Public Mobile's LTE. Setting the phone to LTE/3g/2g/Auto wouldn't cause an issue as the phone will automatically try the next network type.  It's possible that a weak LTE signal could cause the data to not work, but the phone would/should eventually swtich networks So, that wouldnt' explain why data doesn't work at all..

nicoldans

IMG_20211004_234113.jpgIMG_20211004_234143.jpgred2.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is where really a picture is worth a 1000 words. All these questions. It looks to me that the phone should be fine for data and even some 4G. It's a recurring problem with kimovil where they show GSM as compatible. It's not. gsmarena shows the phone as having some 4G. But certainly HSPA should work.

Check your data management for topped out settings and clear/reset them. Check your browser app for mobile data ability.

But your APN settings would be nice to see. You did those other shots. Can you do the APN.

nicoldans

data

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 Thanks!

@nicoldans Some Android phones may display 4G, H, or H+ instead of 3G in North America.

When you are testing the data, are you loading a website or a app that requires data? 

@computergeek541   I am just curious that it seems OP cannot lock it into 3G network.  From the spec, look like the phone would have better luck on the 3G network than 4G.  But from the latest screenshot, seems like the phone is still on 4G.   

@LeePublic wrote:

If it doesn't work, the worst case is you might have to buy a North American phone.

As nicoldans has stated that the phone is connected to the HSPA network, the phone is compatible.  There isn't any reason for data not work unless there is an account issue, device software issue, or device setting issue.

@softech wrote:

@nicoldans wrote:

yes

so at least we can confirm it is an issue on your Moto e7 power

what is the current APN setting ?  can you post some screenshots?

@nicoldans 

When typing, people are very used to typing a space after any comma. If we take the example of the APN type field, a space after any comma there will make the entry invalid.  The issue could be something else, but it'll only take a few seconds to check for this.

@nicoldans wrote:

yes

so at least we can confirm it is an issue on your Moto e7 power

what is the current APN setting ?  can you post some screenshots?

nicoldans

yes

nicoldans

...did not see any restrictions for mobile data through the Family Link

@nicoldans   you have another phone around?  if you put your PM sim into that second phone, non Moto e7 phone, data works, right?

nicoldans

exactly that, preferred network 3g

i also changed the sim card with another one, PM as well, still no mobile data.

Could it be that this is a kid's phone, controlled over the Google family link?

nicoldans

no luck...:(

@nicoldans   With preferred network set to 3G, can you do one more reboot

nicoldans

not sure if you have seen this:

nicoldans_0-1633403627538.png

it has that little x, but the mobile data is on...

updated: if I turn the wifi on then the X disappears, then re-appears when WIFI is off

nicoldans

preferred network type is 3G

Need Help? Let's chat.