cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone interested in it depending specs due on Tuesday's announcment?

17 REPLIES 17

johnwilsonfiver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Actually, my wife presently has a samsung phone, with which she is unhappy. All her other devices are Apple products so I thought she might enjoy having an apple phone to be compatible with her other devices. She wants a smaller phone so the new iphone se 3 2022 seems like a good possibility.we  can check them out when they hit the Apple stores.

Hi @johnwilsonfiver   She will say yes to any new iPhone, just a matter of SE or 13 Max.. 🤣

Honest, if you are iPhone user, it's always a matter of your budget and get the one accordingly

johnwilsonfiver

Thanks, that is helpful.

johnwilsonfiver

Good to know

johnwilsonfiver

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, and yes I will be consulting my wife.

rossputin

@johnwilsonfiver On sale tomorrow morning 5 AM (Pacific time).  You have 15 days from the date of receiving it to return if not to your liking. FYI.

I had an SE first gen. Was a solid and powerful unit. Likely the SE 3 may be a bit larger. Size matters, I guess. And depends on the user. I wear reading glasses and now find the larger phones easier to use with out glasses. Both wife and I moved from SE to 8 Plus and I have now I moved on to an Xr. The Xr screen is a bit smaller than an 8 plus but when you take out the bottom strip for the home button both have screens pretty much the same size. My daughters are all in late 40s and one prefers the smaller SE....just preference I guess. One thing I like about the iPhones that are above an 8 Plus.....you can use SIRI to make a call without Data or Wifi. I would let wife choose. 

johnwilsonfiver

Yes, I am consideringbuying a iphone se 3 2022 model for my wife, and would appreciate any additional information.

@smp99 wrote:

The latest iOS v15.4 (not out yet)  is supposed to be able to use face recognition with a mask on.

the Beta 15.4 is out already.. but make sure you have the latest Beta if you are going for it.. the Beta 1 and beta 2 has problem with PM

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The latest iOS v15.4 (not out yet)  is supposed to be able to use face recognition with a mask on.

@rossputin 

I agree with the home button too because it will unlock the phone with a mask on.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

looks promising. Will keep an eye on it and consider getting it after 2 months when the steam is relieved and it will start to come in deals.

rossputin

rumour is a home button, which I am okay with.
Depends on the price (obvioulsy), but if $400 Cdn, I'll return my Pixel and save $400. (Pixel 6 $800). 

@rossputin 

I wonder if the home button is going to stay or going with face recognition?

rossputin

Yes I am, and they're doing that to provide a budget model.

More rumoured info here. Another rumour is it may start at $300 US.  If so, it may be tempting to reject my Pixel 6 order and get the SE.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying there is a new SE coming out? Why would they do that when they are bringing out Mini models?

DE8C11A1-F6E8-4D75-9335-CDE6E305A021.jpeg1BDB33B2-956C-4376-99E2-5A9E059C0842.jpeg

darkomega

Maybe, im always watching the lower end of the phone market.

Need Help? Let's chat.