cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Plus suddenly won't send SMS to any Android users!

LucyFer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, everybody! Total newb here. Been with PM for a few years with no issues such as the one I'm having now. iPhone user. Did not make any settings changes etc, suddenly noticed Android users are not getting my SMS texts. But if I send a pic, or a memoji with a corresponding text, they do receive it! (I assume that means I can send MMS??? But not SMS.) I have no problems sending iMessages to other iPhone users.

I've been combing through the forum here for a couple hours now, and I did everything your wonderful members kindly suggested to others with similar-ish problems. Reboot phone, airplane mode, turn off iMessages and try, took my SIM out and put back in, purposely picked different carrier in the settings, then put it back to Public, cleared phone cash, etc etc. This is ongoing for about a week now. I've been wracking my brain. Boy oh boy it's causing me problems, as I am a business owner and it's been pure hell having to purposely send a graphic or memoji just to "force" my message through. Embarassing too. (I mean how many unicorns or tiger heads can my business contacts stand to see from me per day?)

My husband suggested that I need to be taken off the network and put back on by PM to reset me. He suggested I make a trouble ticket.

Ok, so.....what do I do now? (Any help in ending this tiger head hell will be greatly appreciated!)

19 REPLIES 19

LucyFer

I know! So weird! But happy to have things back to normal. Too bad I had to suffer through that frustration for over a week! I'm a bit phobic of texting these frequent texters back now.

@LucyFer what?  you got flagged for spam??? LoL.  happy that it's all resolved:)

LucyFer

FIXED! First, thanks to everyone who tired to help me here. You all had great suggestions and I got to try things that I hadn't thought of on my own. But ultimately the problem was behind the scenes in my case. My number somehow got flagged as spam by the internal text algorithm thingy! I do have three numbers I frequently text. Especially one who is an overzealous friend who texts me all day everyday, and out of politelness I do reply to her. I really am not sure how all teenagers are not flagged as spam then, as they text each other all day. Go figure! So if you have a problem with your SMS texts going out, and you've exhausted all options like I did, including getting a full diagnostic done by Apple, then you need to get support ticket open. They solved my problem lickety split! I'm back to being a happy Public Mobile user. Again, thanks for trying to help me. You guys are great! I am posting my fix here, in case I can pay it forward and help somebody else. All the best! xoxo

LucyFer

The gang behind the scenes has reset my network. Am awaiting reply from android user friends.

LucyFer

I have an iphone, and husband has android. He doesn't want me to try it! LOL! I can ask again. The tech support is trying to help me narrow it down. I will post here if is fixed and give the solution in case it helps others.

@LucyFer 

to you check your device and SIM card, if you tried your SIM card in other device you can check it out where the issue, you know.

LucyFer

Only one person I know on android can receive my texts. That person is also on PM. All others can not. (I don't know what carrier they are with. No PM I don't think.) iMessages still go through to other apple users without issues. iMessages uses wifi. Only the SMS is the problem. That uses only cellular. But I can try to ask Apple. I know they will tell me that the problem is with the carrier! And around and around it will go. But I'll try both sides to try to get it resolved. We'll see...

@LucyFer   For your Android friend  who can receive your text, the fact he is on Android would not be the reason for receiving the message.  It is strictly an Apple issue.

Do you have an Apple store close by?  Maybe drop by and have them to double check

I think you can also try to post in the Apple Community  and hope someone there could help 

let us know how it turns out 

LucyFer

BTW, thank you for taking the time. I do appreciate it so much! Hopefully something will work to end this headache of a problem.

LucyFer

No, I didn't. What will that do though? I mean why do that?

LucyFer

OK, this is something I didn't try before. An terrifiedly I am trying it. Re-added the wifi pass etc. Just sending out a text to a friend who has been patiently helping me test. Strangely enough I can't send to other Android users, but my husband who is Android as well does receive my texts. He's the only one, but he is also on Public Mobile, so maybe that's why.

I didn't see any option to update carrier settings. It all looks like it's automatically in there, and greyed out (non-editable).

My friend (upon sending yet another tiger head now) has confirmed she did not get any regular (non-tiger head) text. Mind boggling why anything with a graphic will go through.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@LucyFer 

tried put it your SIM card in your husband device or other device,

if need to submit a ticket contact to support team by CS_Agent 

@LucyFer 

Reset network settings:

Go to Settings> General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

** please note it will reset your saved Wifi as well, you will have to re-join those Wifi again

Carrier profile update:

Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

LucyFer

OK. Do you know where on iphone I can do this?

@LucyFer   Also try to reset Network setting and update Carrier profile

LucyFer

It's all on.

LucyFer

Thanks, RossN. Yes, SMS and MMS enabled, as always. I have figured out how to submit a ticket though. Trying that as well.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LucyFer 

Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage, Send as SMS, or MMS Messaging is turned on

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LucyFer hi do you have send as sms enabled on your phone? If not turn it on 

Need Help? Let's chat.