cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 ESIM issues

mavic2411
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a long time subscriber prior and left for Telus, 2 years ago.. and m back to public, now after my contract with Telus is up. iPhone 12, issues with ESIM not installing, and I’m feeling I made a bad choice coming back with already having issues .. can someone explain why it’s not working and what to do..? I verified  my phone was esim compatible.. unless it’s an error .. please advise I’d like to get this figured out.. thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

@mavic2411 wrote:

Now that you mention it, there wa an error in process , it flash on my phone, and then retried..  but should I have not received a welcome email “as standard protocol”, they did take my money, I expect a welcome.. lol.  I did btw contact as you asked and am awaiting a response..

thank you very much 

@mavic2411 , it is odd that you didn’t receive a welcome email.

Plus after looking at the screenshot you posted yesterday it still shows Telus in your Network Selection! So something definitely went wrong!

LitlLdy_1-1694022187100.png

mavic2411

Now that you mention it, there wa an error in process , it flash on my phone, and then retried..  but should I have not received a welcome email “as standard protocol”, they did take my money, I expect a welcome.. lol.  I did btw contact as you asked and am awaiting a response..

thank you very much 

@mavic2411 , something didn’t set up correctly! A screen should have showed the option to install the eSIM! 😔 Please use the link that others provided to send a private message to CS_Agent for help.

Update Us on what the CS_Agent says after you receive a response back please. 

mavic2411

I haven’t received

2ED659F9-540C-48AA-8DB9-910A8B3F1917.png

an ESIM yet, I did look and it’s still asking me to add. So I assume a QR code will be needed.. thank you for your assistance 

@mavic2411 wrote:

I haven’t even re wives my “welcome email “ with QR code needed to initialize the ESIM process.. I’m thinking that is where it’s hung up..? 

@mavic2411 , sorry 😞. My eSIM installed automatically after purchasing the eSIM! Not from QR code in email. 

mavic2411

I haven’t even re wives my “welcome email “ with QR code needed to initialize the ESIM process.. I’m thinking that is where it’s hung up..? 

@mavic2411 , if your eSIM successfully installed, have you tried the below instructions:

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “ Turn On This Line “ is selected & Reset network settings & reboot your phone.

Turn On This Line

mavic2411

Yes I am, with a stable connection, tried both wifi and 5G on current network.. no luck on either..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mavic2411 

Things will be better after you done the activation.

So, you checked Settings->Cellular (or Mobile Data) and you don't see any plan associated with PM eSIM?

and no Welcome email yet?  

And  iPhone 12 is compatible, my family is using it with eSIM, so  just some eSIM installation  problem.  Pleae submit a ticket with CS agent and they will get you the eSIM QR code:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@mavic2411  And you using the app to activate ?

mavic2411

Thank you, I haven’t received an email yet, other then 5 , with security login 6- Digit codes..  I did make sure I’m in using a different email then my prior account.. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mavic2411  check your welcome email for the QR code and scan it with phone to install . Also are you using the same email as before that could be causing some issues also . If no luck please submit ticket with support to help using this direct link 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.