cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer e sim

turtlef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i bought my new phone on vacation where my plan does not cover and my e sim couldn’t transfer. (i had to leave my old phone there and washed the e sim off of it) i am trying to add my current e sim into my iphone but it won’t let me it says i need an activation code or qr code but my esim is already activated and ready to use just needs to be transferred/inserted into my new phone. when i talked to the robot chat it said i will need to change my e sim and get a new one, will this mean i won’t have my current plan anymore since it was a newcomers plan? please help. how do i transfer my e sim or get a new one without losing my plan??

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@turtlef 

no worries, you will keep your current plan and your current phone number.

You don't need to activate a new account/plan, you just need to get a free esim replacement from your current My Account

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Login the app (Since you likely cannot receive the 2FA by sms,  you can ask the code to send to email instead.  On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email) 
After you logged into the app, Click Account from the bottom, then 
click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device
(in rare case that PM charges you for the replacement esim, you can submit a ticket with PM support and ask them for reimbursement)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.