cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number somehow split between sims?

MarchetaD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my phone number from Fido to public. My iPhone shows my phone number as ‘no sim’ and I don’t know how to put it on the eSIM. I can still receive texts and calls, but the data doesn’t work. It’s very strange. 

5 REPLIES 5

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

good sign on Fido, that mean the number is ported and line is now closed

so, please do what I said, Remove Fido sim, Reboot.  Go back and set PM as Primary (might be already), and then enable the option Turn on this line and test.  You might need to click Reset Network Settings 

and if you still cannot call or use data, you need PM to check the account setup on the system.  In such case, you won't be able to use Chatbot to open ticket, so you will need to message PM :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MarchetaD

On my Fido account I no longer see the line for this number. If I turn off the pm line I don’t receive calls, even though the number says it’s on the Fido SIM. There’s a section on the Fido sim that says ‘my number’ but that option is not on the pm sim

slusagm

can you test the fido physical sim in another phone? would like to know if your Fido account account closed, which means number done porting

Even without another phone, remove the Fido sim and reboot.  Then go back to the same Settings-> Connection screen and set the PM sim as primary and enable the option Turn On this Line

MarchetaD

I see both. There’s Public Mobile, with no number but ‘active’ and Fido, with my phone number as primary. Fido is physical and PM is eSIM.

slusagm

is your Fido on esim or physical?  is your PM on esim or physical?

On your iPhone Settings-> Cellular , do you see both Fido and Public Mobile there?

Need Help? Let's chat.