cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 11 hotspot keeps disconnecting

PYMak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought a pre-owned iPhone 11 online with Public two weeks ago.   The hotspot connection keeps disconnecting after 5 to 10 minutes.  I checked the battery saver and low-data mode are both OFF. I have another iPhone XS and don't have this issue.  iPhone 11 have been updated to the latest OS.  Can the issue be fixed or changed the iPhone? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

PYMak

I open a service issue with CSagent

PYMak

I switched to another iPhone XS in the same location without any issue

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PYMak 

Perhaps the device hotspotting to it is connecting to an available wifi connection, thus terminating the hotspot connection.

Also tends to happen when device is out of Bluetooth range - can be wonky.

PYMak

The phone is newly setup

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PYMak wrote:

I recently bought a pre-owned iPhone 11 online with Public two weeks ago.   The hotspot connection keeps disconnecting after 5 to 10 minutes.  I checked the battery saver and low-data mode are both OFF. I have another iPhone XS and don't have this issue.  iPhone 11 have been updated to the latest OS.  Can the issue be fixed or changed the iPhone? Thanks

@PYMak  - it sounds like you may have googled this to troubleshoot. Did you troubleshoot other items that are mentioned here?

https://www.alphr.com/iphone-hotspot-keeps-disconnecting/#:~:text=Possible%20Reasons%20Why%20iPhone%....

Maybe try a Reset of your device's Network Settings and see if that improves the issue. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PYMak  Take to Telus store to check warranty or ask support to return while still under the 30 day mark 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.