cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage not sending videos

felix_felicis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, new to PM here. Just set up my account yesterday but am having trouble sending videos via iMessage (both on WiFi and cellular data). Regular text messages via iMessage work fine. I’ve turned iMessage on/off and also turned WiFi on/off with no fix. Also turned the phone on/off and have software up to date. Any ideas? 

8 REPLIES 8

felix_felicis

It ended up being an issue with my eSIM. Customer service assigned me a new one and everything has been resolved. 

[ seems odd a disfigured eSIM can affect wifi too; live and learn ....... Luddite]

felix_felicis

Hi all, I have reset network settings etc but have now been waiting a day and half for my phone number to be activated. I see a “waiting for activation” message in my messages settings. I have reached out to customer service. 

@felix_felicis wrote:

@Yummy videos are not sending via cellular data either… 

I know. NORMAL phone uses native texting app and SMS/MMS are sent through cellular network.

When somebody uses 3rd party app they have to figure out WHY it is not working. Nothing to do with PM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@felix_felicis 

Check your iPhone setting to see if Send as SMS and MMS Messaging are both enabled.

Go to Settings>Messages>scroll down to SMS & MMS.

felix_felicis

@Yummy videos are not sending via cellular data either… 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, nothing to do with PM. If ALL other services work (native phone and SMS) then It is apple's stuff so you have to talk to apple.

felix_felicis

Hi @hTideGnow, thanks for the quick reply. I will try this. Can you tell me where I find the “reset network settings”?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @felix_felicis 

if it has problem with Wifi, it is not a problem with PM.

You can go to your iMessage, remove the phone number first, then reboot the phone, click Reset Network Settings, then the add your phone number back in iMessage

Need Help? Let's chat.