cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage is not working.

CoronoAllen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I subscribed the 4G plan today and download the eSIM. I can call with this SIM card but I cannot send text message at all. 
I think IPhone doesn’t get number from SIM card.

How could I fix this?

18 REPLIES 18

Glad a reset works @RobH1 

RobH1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings:

I had exactly the same issue. I moved over to PM (from Bell) Friday afternoon. Voice & data were working but iMessage was DOA. Since it was the weekend, I waited until yesterday to follow up with PM Customer Service. They confirmed that the number was transferred successfully. They suggested I reset the network settings ( via Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset Phone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings) and then powered the phone off & on. That did not work.

I then went to Settings -> Cellular ->Cellular Data Network ->Reset Settings. I powered the phone off & on. That worked.

Good Luck!

CoronoAllen

I have a question before having support from Apple. The verification code request form the phone by call is not working. (by text, it is impossible now as you know.) Is this also Apple side issue?

Is there any possible it is mismatch of IMEI or anything else?

@CoronoAllen 

again, if you are getting all incoming calls without trouble, from Rogers, Bell, etc, then it is an Apple issue.  You should check with Apple support and ask them to check Apple system as well

CoronoAllen

I’m going to leave my phone with enable iMessage and FaceTime tonight. And I will check it tomorrow.

CoronoAllen

Yeah, I found that post here while I’m struggling with this. I tried it as well but it failed. No reaction when click the save button with the my number including +1.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CoronoAllen - Another person resolved it by going into Settings > Phone and adding a +1 in front of the number that it shows there.

Then it decided to activate.

@CoronoAllen 

you don't have multiple esim or sim card on your phone? if you have another carrier physical sim card, please remove.  If you have another carrier 's esim, please disable it

for your iMessage, go to:

Settings → Messages → disable iMessages.
Settings → FaceTime → disable FaceTime.

Restart your iPhone and go back and enable iMessages and FaceTime

Then wait. It may take some time before your iPhone registers your phone number. 

CoronoAllen

One thing I’d like to share is that “Activation failed” is always shown when I turn on the iMessage and FaceTime.

IMG_1221.png

CoronoAllen

It is not working at all. I have done several times.

@CoronoAllen 

remove the screenshot as it has your eamil

disable the iMessage, reboot, and then turn it back on after

CoronoAllen

No. There is no number and cannot even add it. 

@CoronoAllen that is not a concern, some not show the number

how about the iMessage settings?  check if it shows your number

if your number is there, manually remove it first, reboot, and then add it back after the reboot

CoronoAllen

My eSIM doesn’t have the my number section like attachment.

IMG_1223.png

@CoronoAllen 

try reboot the phone first

since you are receiving calls , i think the esim setup is all good, but please confirm.  Makre sure Turn on this Line is enabled, and label is set to Primar if there is one there

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

CoronoAllen

I cannot see the phone number in the device and eSIM configuration. But, incoming call from non telus/kudo/pm is working now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CoronoAllen can you receive incoming calls from non Telus/Koodo/PM phones??

if just iMessage is the issue, go to settings to remove the phone number, reboot and then add the number back

Need Help? Let's chat.