cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cannot receive international text messages my plan has text messages within canada.

nlama
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my name is naresh

19 REPLIES 19

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

He cannot received international text messages, he doesn't need to purchase global texting to received .

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @nlama,

Thank you for the update!

Actually, nobody made any changes to your account - it just seems like you received the message you desire. 

I've also sent you a private message with some extra info 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

nlama

hello, naresh here once again. now i have received the text messages from overseas. i have no idea if PM have changed something on my account. but i want to thankyou for the efforts taken to help me. although you are not moderators, but your efforts are not less than a leadership role. please keep it up. thanks

@computergeek541 You are correct. @nlama received the message but could not reply. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@nlama wrote:

i do not have grand fathered plan.i have province wide talk and canada wide text

Yes, just as I do. With these plans international etxts cannot be sent or received. Robot Sad

If you would like to test that tonight send me a private message; I have a UK number we can use.

Are we sure about that?  I'd be curious to know the results of such test.  If so, Public Mobile would be only company that I know that doesn't allow a customer to receive a text message that was sent from overeas, regardless of the price plan including domestic, North American, or global text mesaging.  I understand that a customers shouldn't be able to send an outgoing text mesage to an international text message when only being subscribed to only Canada-wide texting, but I would consider not be able to receive an international text a quirk specific to Public.  I would expect texting to be similar to incoming calls in that it doesn't matter for the receiving end where the call is coming from.

As long as the customer is connected to the native network of the service, it shouldn't really matter where the text message is being sent from.  In fact, for many carriers, it doesn't even matter which network the customer is connected to at all, because many even include free incoming texts while roaming on any network.

@nlama wrote:

yes i do use social applications for international messaging. but now my banking company's call center is trying to send me a text to reset my password on my cell no. and i can not receive it. there is no option on public mobile platform to update my plan to global texting without paying full month's plan. i have topped up plan just yesterday. hate to loose money without any reason.

another point i just received international text, but i can not reply to that no.

Yes. Seems you are definitely stuck then, unless your banking company will do the reset via email. Would be a shame to pay extra every month just for that one international text.

Good luck.

nlama

yes i do use social applications for international messaging. but now my banking company's call center is trying to send me a text to reset my password on my cell no. and i can not receive it. there is no option on public mobile platform to update my plan to global texting without paying full month's plan. i have topped up plan just yesterday. hate to loose money without any reason.

another point i just received international text, but i can not reply to that no.

I just tried it and could not send a text msg to the UK. Before Public Mobile standardized on global texting many iPhone users had complaints about  error messgages arising from international numbers trying to text to them. Almost certainly this is your problem.

Your only option is a texting app; iMessage would be fine to other Apple users, Facebook Messenger is also a good bet because so many people have Facebook accounts, there are other cross platform options (WhatsApp for example).

@nlama wrote:

i do not have grand fathered plan.i have province wide talk and canada wide text

Yes, just as I do. With these plans international etxts cannot be sent or received. Robot Sad

If you would like to test that tonight send me a private message; I have a UK number we can use.

nlama

@nlama wrote:

yes all these settings are correct on my phone

OK, but does your plan include Canada wide texting, like mine, or did you purchase global texting?

nlama

yes all these settings are correct on my phone

Two further ideas:

a) make sure your text is set up as follows: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage toggle on, Send as SMS toggle on, MMS Messaging toggle on >> Send & Receive "YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT" shows your phone number

b) do you have a grandfathered plan from before fall/2016 as I do? If so, global texting was not included as standard.

nlama

it is just text message

nlama

i phone 5c

@nlama I sent you a test message.

@nlama Edit your first post to remove your personal information by clicking on the 3 dots to the upper right of your post.

You will not have a respoinse until tomorrow as coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

What is make/model of your phone?

Can you send/receive text within Canada?

Is it all international texts, or just picture messages?

nlama

thanks for the suggestion, i have sent a private message few moments ago, let us see if some resolution comes out.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@nlama You should contact a moderator for help by sending them a private message with your information.
Just to protect your privacy, try not to post your personal info here since it is a public forum and everyone can see it.
Need Help? Let's chat.