cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what if I like to keep my home phone no as my cell no.?

Ferial
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am planning to get a cell number and wondering if I can take my phone number and choose it as my new cell numberÉ

2 REPLIES 2

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Yes. When you port (transfer) your number from one carrier to another, your number remains yours.

To port a number, your account must be in good standing with your current carrier.

When porting to Public Mobile, complete PM's porting requirements WITHOUT cancelling your current carrier's account. When your account has been successfully ported to PM, your account with your former carrier will be automatically deactivated.

If you're porting from Koodo or Telus, there may be a glitch considering that all 3 share the same servers.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Ferial

You can port your home phone number over and turn it into your cell phone number, in doing so you will cancel the home phone service with your home phone provider. 

Porting a landline number can take some time to go through successfully so you may have up to 14 days of mixed service wherein incoming calls will be received by your home phone and outgoing calls will be made by your cellphone.

Need Help? Let's chat.