cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am so confusing about the payment

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All member,

I don't understand the breakdown on my payment. May be my math is only grade 9. especial the HST (13%). WHen i bought the voucher, i paid the HST on top of the amount.

toppy_0-1669053228438.png

11 REPLIES 11

toppy

@softech @JK8 @hTideGnow Ok.. I paid for the $40 voucher.  Accounting the above members calculation, may be they are right. It is not about tax in or tax out. First i paid the voucher on top of voucher as i mentioned on the first post. My $40 plan- $2 loyally -$2 Autopay -$1 referral = $5. not avaiable fund only $4 left.   once again, it is not $1 or $0.03. that matter. It is not clear my mind. Sorry if i make the members confusing. Just forget about it. But as i said, if PM using this calculation to show the bill. They can advisting as $30 plan + HST. it look like cheap than other competitors for the prepaid service. It is my 2 cents,

@toppy   have you been using a voucher to pay?

if you are , you just need to buy a voucher of $31 (likely you have to buy more as the retails might have set amount and not custom amount).  Retails will charge you $31+tax.   When you load the voucher, it will add $31 as Available fund (as that is usable amount). PM will then deduct the $31.  It won't add tax in that case as they know you already paid tax when you buy the voucher from retails

@toppy   Public Mobile just started showing the taxes just for information purposes, since they redesigned the new webpage in January.   Showing the taxes is more for people who pay using a credit card, so the plan amount plus taxes, matches the amounts people will see on their CC statements at the end of the month. That's all it is.

Hi @toppy   what is the problem with the 3cents?

31 * 0.13 = 4.03

the tax is correct

you don't see tax on My Account site a lot, most the time, it won't show. But in this case, it shows

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@toppy 

Look at @Meow post. That post is correct. You do not pay taxes on the rewards and Available Funds…so you have $31 to pay taxes on.

31x1.13 = 35.03

toppy

@walker1 @Meow @hTideGnow @HALIMACS Anyway i just waiting for next couple days, check it again. It is because the $0.03 so bothering me. I using prepaid for long time, that was i first time to the bill like that. If they is the tax purpose, the public mobile doesn't make any sence. because they can advertising $31plan + HST to attract ppl. It is my 2 cents. 

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meow @toppy So the next bill (Dec 21) , you need to pay $35.03 But $4 available fund, i think that your Loyalty , Autopay reward won't change. ($2+$2) . So $40 -$4-$2-$2 should be =$32.. I am not talking about the HST now. 

May be i am wrong?  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Loyalty - yo are with PM 2 full years - $2

Autopay enabled - $2

Community - you do not participate  - $0

Referral - 1 referral - $1

You had $4 on your account. Your plan cost $40. 40-all credits = 31+tax (13%) = #35.03

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @toppy  

You have a $40 plan.  After they applied the rewards and used the available fund, you only need to pay $31

They charged tax on the $31 only and the total comes to $35.03

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@toppy 

All amounts displayed for public mobile as far as plan values and voucher values are NET before tax.

The reason Public Mobile does not show the amount including tax is it varies by province and territory.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@toppy   You only pay taxes once when you get a voucher..   Taxes shown in your account is only for information.  Your not taxed again.

Need Help? Let's chat.