cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Voucher pin code for initial payment

kork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When signing up online, I was told by chat that I could go to a Telus/Koodo store to get a voucher to pay for the first month of the plan. 

I did that, and am now signing up but only see that I can add in my credit card for payment. There's nowhere for the 12 pin voucher code I purchased.

5 REPLIES 5

@kork wrote:

I have no issue using my credit card. That's what I wanted to do. Was told I needed tis voucher.

That said, if I sign up, I can pay for the service with my credit card, and then add the voucher and it'll use that up?

Hey @kork  Once again, it looks like a CS Agent, whomever shall clearly be unnamed here, made an error. You can of course add your credit card to start it up. Once you're signed up, you can add the voucher to your account and it will clear that up first then start on your credit card later.

kork

I have no issue using my credit card. That's what I wanted to do. Was told I needed tis voucher.

That said, if I sign up, I can pay for the service with my credit card, and then add the voucher and it'll use that up?

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kork - You could also get a Vanilla Prepaid or a Prepaid Mastercard from Shoppers Drug mart and make it like a credit card, that will accept it and then you can load up the payment voucher so then you get another month.

kork

I was having an issue signing up as I was being given an error when trying to complete my registration. I was told by CS_Agent in online support:

6) In order to make a payment with a Public Mobile voucher, what is the voucher 12 digit PIN number that you want to use?

ME:
Hello, What is a Public Mobile voucher? Can't I just pay with a credit card? 

CS_AGENT:

You can get it from a Koodo/Telus corporate store or by going to recharge.com and getting the respective voucher amount and I'd then finish your activation request.

Also this being a 3rd party site a commission will be imposed, but afterwards I'll add it on file.

"NOTE: Do not reply to this email address: community-notifications@publicmobile.ca. Please log into the Community and reply via Private Message".

--
So I went to the store and bought a $35 non-refundable voucher at the request of customer service. however, it appears that the website is working now to complete registration, but I'm not hearing back from support.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @kork 

Whomever you spoke with or chatted with was 100% incorrect. You need a valid credit card to sign up with this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.