cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do PM count 30 days?

XiaofangLi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if i activate my sim card on November 20th, does it mean that 30 days last from November 20th to December 20th?

14 REPLIES 14

@Yummy wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Good one. Your Excel will generate beginning of service cycle. Actual end of cycle will be beginning of next cycle - 1

Yummy_1-1668985630565.png

B2 - billing cycle - 30 days - fixed value

A2 - manually entered start of service

B2 - =+A2+$B$1-1 - end of billing cycle

A3 - =+A2+$B$1

B3 - =+A3+$B$1-1, etc.

Copy A3 row as further as you want...

You can then build in column E starting on November 20 2022 and do  +365. For five years or more if you are on points. Then copy and paste the 1 year dates beside the date in column B by the correct 30 day date to show what 30 day date that your anniversary reward will be collected. 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Good one. Your Excel will generate beginning of service cycle. Actual end of cycle will be beginning of next cycle - 1

Yummy_1-1668985630565.png

B2 - billing cycle - 30 days - fixed value

A2 - manually entered start of service

B2 - =+A2+$B$1-1 - end of billing cycle

A3 - =+A2+$B$1

B3 - =+A3+$B$1-1, etc.

Copy A3 row as further as you want...

@softech wrote:

@XiaofangLi 30 days from day 1 of your current cycle 

your next renewal dates 

dec 20

jan 19

feb 18

Mar 21

March 20

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Build an excel program. 

Format the cells in date format. 

Cell A1     November 20, 2022

Cell A2      =a1+30

Cell A3      =a2 +30

copy cell A3 into cell A4 and downwards. 

That's true to find the date of renewal, but to find the last paid for day, customers often forget to count the first day of each billing cycle as being a day of use.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Build an excel program. 

Format the cells in date format. 

Cell A1     November 20, 2022

Cell A2      =a1+30

Cell A3      =a2 +30

copy cell A3 into cell A4 and paste downwards. 

@XiaofangLi wrote:

if i activate my sim card on November 20th, does it mean that 30 days last from November 20th to December 20th?

If you activate today, that counts a full day used no matter what time the activation is done, even if it's at 11:59pm eastern time.

@Quigley  that is smart way to do. There are many very useful apps making your life easier. Phone are not only for games and gossip on unsocial networks. 😋 And of course making/receiving calls (hello spam!) and SMS.

@Yummy  That's what I do, with the calendar on the phone, because it's a set it and forget it process.  More people should use that feature. imo

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I use 'Age and Date calculator' (Android) app and when not including time it gives me Dec 19. Manually counting it is correct if you count Nov 20 as first service date. Then Jan 18, Feb 17, Mar 19, etc.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No. Your billing cycle is from Nov 20 to Dec 19. You have to count Nov 20 as first day.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Yup. Your plan will expire on the evening of Dec 20th...19th  You'll have to fund it or it'll Suspend for up to 90 days. After 90 days it's gone for good.

edited

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@XiaofangLi 30 days from day 1 of your current cycle 

your next renewal dates 

dec 20

jan 19

feb 18

Mar 21

March 20  (Thanks @computergeek541 ) 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@XiaofangLi  No it's from November 20 to December 19

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@XiaofangLi   Each new 30 days cycle starts from your payment date.

Need Help? Let's chat.