cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home phone connection problem

mknitter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

cell will not connect with home phone number. says dialing home beeps 3 x, stops, nothing on home phone. dials ok on all other numbers. I have deleted the number in contacts. replaced it,  it is not blocked. 

10 REPLIES 10

@mknitter wrote:

thank you. My landline has been checked. all is fine  Can now contact cell phone from landline BUTNOT landline from cell phone. Weird

If you have gone through all the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, and I would also recommend trying your SIM card in another phone, I would open a ticket with the moderators to investigate the issue. They can see the call detail records on the backend to see what the true call failure reasons are.

Last thought - how is your 3G signal strength? Public Mobile relies on 3G for calls, and will switchover from LTE for that portion. There are some areas in Canada that have LTE service, but not 3G service now, which will cause all calls to fail while physically in that area. Try forcing the phone to 3G mode only, and testing calls.

mknitter

thank you. My landline has been checked. all is fine  Can now contact cell phone from landline BUTNOT landline from cell phone. Weird

@mknitter wrote:

not 672 area code and not Voip  Just seems to have a mind of its own all of a sudden:)

As long as your cell phone calls complete to other numbers, I'd suspect there's something fishy with the landline. Check with that company...see if there's a service problem in your area.

Keep us posted.

mknitter

not 672 area code and not Voip  Just seems to have a mind of its own all of a sudden:)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mknitter wrote:

cell will not connect with home phone number. says dialing home beeps 3 x, stops, nothing on home phone. dials ok on all other numbers. I have deleted the number in contacts. replaced it,  it is not blocked. 

Is the area code 672 ? In the past few weeks, there's been a few customer comments that they have trouble dialing a number with that area code.

Is the home phone number a voip number ?

mknitter

thx.i'll have to talk to a  moderator.

@mknitter 

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • login to your self serve and enable/disable lost/stolen mode to reset your sim network
  • remove and reinsert your sim card

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

Try a network reset. reset the network  Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.    

mknitter

that didn't work. thanks. home phone dials number but goes to message?? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mknitter try dialing it with a 1 in front of the number. And can your home phone call your cell. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.