cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi my question is I don't feel secure giving my four digit code on verification

antonietta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i use other verification besides my code ?

I am able to provide my account number and sim information. 

I already find verification with text or email sufficient then when 🤔 i send message sometimes i take longer than 48 hours 🙃 thats my bad.

but ways get response eventually i find sometimes very quick 

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@antonietta - Your 4-digit Account PIN is used for features when calling 611 or the 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device, AND also to verify your account with Public Mobile representatives. So as long as you are messaging with Public Mobile agents, I'd say there is no worry to provide your 4-digit Account PIN number.

I understand the back and forth may be annoying, but the quicker you can verify the quicker hopefully any question or issue can be resolved. 🙂

Well for heavens sake don't use your bank pin anywhere else! This is just a pin for here.

antonietta

yes 👍 interesting 🤔 👏 

I truly appreciate 🙏💛 

maybe the word 🤔 pin 📌 related to ky Bank account card so perhaps another word can be used

psychology lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you read the request for verification and they ask for the pin. You reply. Then:

1. click on the word Inbox to get the pop out and click on Sent that would be here

2. click on the mail item that you put your pin in

3. click on the garbage bin delete icon.

dust2dust_0-1684101263969.png

You could also have used the ticket method on a secure page and used the pin option rather than login and really rather than the last option of answering a bunch of questions.

I would be quite sure the agents wouldn't care about customer pins.

antonietta

yes private message took awhile to get used to i thought Simon was real but then figured it out to link private messGe

having fun here 

@antonietta   I'm not totally disagreeing with you that if you've verified the account by providing other account info, then it shouldn't really be necessary to provide the PIN as well. 

You can try asking the Agent if there's some other account related information you can provide in lieu of the PIN perhaps?

antonietta

yes I can change the code but why should i have too, so many times prior i verified anyhow with so many other methods like accounts info and especially SIM card .

nobody has my sim that's in my phone stored in my profile.  the profile has login password 😳 and moi use text code or email authentication feature . but also t here is no urgency to this question and enjoying the feedback 😀 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@antonietta   If you submitted a ticket or private message to customer support and the CSA is asking for 4 digit PIN as part of the verification, then there really should be no problem providing that.  I do remember having provided that to support in the past although it was probably couple of years ago when I needed to do that. 

Plus you can always change the 4 digit code by logging into your self serve account at anytime after your issue has been resolved by the CS Agent.  Just remember the self serve site is best viewed using incognito/private mode on the browser because of caching issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.