cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help!! Nothing's working.

Mommaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I insert the SIM card it says it's not recognized. I just bought today and activated. I also selected transfer my phone number during the activation and it's now saying that it can't transfer. 

9 REPLIES 9

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Mommaj,

We've replied to your message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At least you are a patient person...lol..ive noticed the mods are replying consistantly in the threads...wont be long...

Mommaj

Update...still have not heard from moderators but both phones are working. Both phones were locked and after many phone calls to Apple and Bell we figured it out. Still need to figure out how to get into my sons account though.

Mommaj

I spoke too soon.....ugh!!! I can send iMessage but I can't text. So I don't think it's working at all. I have sent message to moderators. 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You got one going...lol..keep at it..your doing a great job 👍

Mommaj

Thank you! I have my phone working now...somehow...I have no idea what I did other than go in re enter the same SIM card number in the change SIM card section in my account. Next issue is I switched my sons phone at the same time and his is doing the same thing but I can't login to his account at all. 

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mommaj wrote:

When I insert the SIM card it says it's not recognized. I just bought today and activated. I also selected transfer my phone number during the activation and it's now saying that it can't transfer. 

Hi, Can you confirm if your phone is already unlocked together with the previous advise on isolating the sim card/hardware problem. If these aren't the issue then check your account to see your service status if active. You may need to contact the moderators to resolve the issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mommaj, can you login to your self serve account and see if the account is active?  You mentioned porting a number also.  Try using your old service to see if that is working.  There may be a chance that the port failed if your port submission was done more than 2-3 hours ago.  If so, the port is probably stuck and needs to be resubmitted by the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mommaj wrote:

When I insert the SIM card it says it's not recognized. I just bought today and activated. I also selected transfer my phone number during the activation and it's now saying that it can't transfer. .

@Mommaj  can you try the sim in a different phone.  that will isolate sim issue vs hardware.  if it still says sim not recongnised in the other phone then you have a sim issue

if its a sim issue and if you activtaed at home i would buy a new sim and do a sim swap in selfserve.  if you activated in store then not sure what you can do other than wait for mod help +72 hours.

how/where are you getting the cant transfer message?

check if you old sim works.  

Need Help? Let's chat.