cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting charged twice with 2 different credit cards

oettersh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been going through my statements, noticing that I am getting charged on both my master card for $36 on the 17 of the month, and again on my amEX for $33 on the 10th of the month.

I need a credit for any over-lapping charges, as well as to stop being charged for the mastercard pmt

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@oettersh wrote:

I have been going through my statements, noticing that I am getting charged on both my master card for $36 on the 17 of the month, and again on my amEX for $33 on the 10th of the month.

I need a credit for any over-lapping charges, as well as to stop being charged for the mastercard pmt

@oettersh  -

We are members and customers like you and are not Public Mobile representatives (CSA) that have access to your account(s).

Do you remember providing each of these credit cards for either online activations OR instore activations that perhaps failed the first time trying to activate (a few days apart ?).

How many accounts SHOULD you be paying for?

If you can log into your Self Serve account, register for one here, if you have not set one up yet: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then, check your Payment History, what is listed there?

Can you post a screenshot (without including any personal info.)

Did you top up or change your plan early at all with the Mastercard?

If this was a top up, and you see the funds in your Available Funds area, then you can leave them there and they will be used on future renewals first.

Contact CSA by these methods, if you are not comfortable providing any more info. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@oettersh, how long has this been going on?  Not sure why there would be 2 different dates unless you have 2 different accounts.  Has this been going on for more than one month?  Just wondering as the payment dates wouldn't be on the 10th and 17th of each month unless the previous month has 30 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oettersh 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account history transaction,

if see any wrong charges 

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@oettersh 

Do you have 2 accounts?

Only 1 phone/account so check your Self Serve account for each phone number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@oettersh   This is weird.  Both cards ever registered on PM at some point in the last month?  PM can only take one credit card on the system at a time and it wouldn't know your other credit card if you never use them both on PM

Any chance you have 2 accounts with PM?

Also, were both transaction on your credit card  showing Public Mobile?  

And did you just join PM for a month or two?  any chance you encountered issue during registration and you used another card to restart the activation process?    If that happened, it could be you have successfully activated on both attempts. (but if that was the case, both activations would be 7 days apart). 

Kindly provide us  more details.

But of course, if you like you can open ticket with PM support to try to trace from both credit card numbers.  click to expand the Spoiler:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@oettersh , please check your account to see which payment card is registered in the system.  It seems incredible that a single account is charing two payment cards at the same time.  If this were the case, the payment history would be showing both payments.  Seeing how the payments are different, by change do you have two Public Mobile accounts?  Each account can only have one phone number.  

Need Help? Let's chat.