cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a service ticket

stamppeddler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get in touch with someone about porting my phone numbers to my new provider

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@stamppeddler wrote:

How can I get in touch with someone about porting my phone numbers to my new provider

@stamppeddler  - Public Mobile does not get involved when you are leaving them, the new provider does all the work to obtain the Public Mobile number.

Your Public Mobile account needs to be active to port out though (some exceptions may be if you are going to Telus or Koodo, since this is all the same family of companies).

If your account here is suspended, you will need to reactivate it by making a payment. Best to change to the cheapest $15 plan before you do so.

@stamppeddler wrote:

Thank you.  I had already changed my sim card yesterday.  Today when I put it back there was no message from PM for me to press the yes button on

@stamppeddler   If you put it back today, it's too late and you would have missed it anyway

So, your PM service is still active?  If so, please leave your PM Sim in the phone,

Then call your new provider and ask them to re-trigger the process and that would re-trigger the text from PM.

Please keep the PM SIM in the phone so you can receive the email and reply within 90 mins

Your old sim should still be in the phone until the port has been completed then you can put the new sim in.

stamppeddler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.  I had already changed my sim card yesterday.  Today when I put it back there was no message from PM for me to press the yes button on

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The new provider are the ones to help you. The Public account needs to be active and you need to answer yes to a text on the old sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.