cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting 3g speed after swtiching to 4glte plan for 10 days

derek_chen158
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I still get 3g speed even it has been 10 days after i switched to a 4glte plan, can you guys advise me on how to get 4g speed?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@derek_chen158 just a heads up, if you use some of those speed testers out there you will go through your data allotment quicker than you can say "where did it all go"Smiley LOL

@derek_chen158 wrote:

Hey,

I still get 3g speed even it has been 10 days after i switched to a 4glte plan, can you guys advise me on how to get 4g speed?

Thanks

What type of speeds are you getting?  Are connected to the LTE network when you're doing your testing? 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@derek_chen158I assume you know how to get LTE working and you no longer has 3G in your selfserve plan account profile. What is the speed you are expecting? Also what happens (assuming you can get another Telus network SIM) when you compare with the speed with another phone on Telus network at the same location?

It can be a problem with "up to" speeds, I just want to make sure it is not a location issue that is your limitation.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@derek_chen158 , just to be certain, have you checked and confirmed that your account shows the data as full speed with the 3G designation no longer present?  If everything is in order on the self serve, I would advise reaching out to the moderator team for some intervention.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@derek_chen158 wrote:

Hey,

Thanks

@derek_chen158  Check your phone network settings make sure LTE preferred is selected. What type of phone do you have?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@derek_chen158 wrote:

Hey,

Thanks

Try to reset your phone networking to 4G.

Need Help? Let's chat.