cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@computergeek541 

Apparently statements from Oracles are not considered as "official" as statements from Mods.

I've noticed it several times before, on other threads about other things.

I think it's not even about the differences between Oracles and Mods as much as about public perception (or confusion) about what the titles and roles really mean.

@jor123 wrote:

I checked with the mod team and apparently this promotion was only for customers in Alberta and BC... 

I could have answered that for you and can confirm that only Alberta/BC was Public Mobile's intention. This was also stated early in this thread.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/free-one-time-5GB-of-data-text/m-p/5820...

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I checked with the mod team and apparently this promotion was only for customers in Alberta and BC... 

@Maggie2019 if you are in the same roof. You probably should have received it too. Contact the moderators, explain that you live with your son and husband who got the offer and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Maggie2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son and husband got the text for the 5gb bonus and I didn't. Is this a random bonus that not everyone receives?

@Superapoon 

All “add-Ons” except US roaming add-ons last until they are used up. The kick in if you exhaust your data or outgoing minutes (on the $10 or $15 plans that have limited minutes) and then the remainder sits in the background until needed again in the future.

If you use the “@“ symbol as I did above it lets you choose the person who you are replying to to limit confusion.

AE_Collector

Superapoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you out of Province ? I put yes, and no again, and put back yes, finally I got the promotions

Superapoon

yes, it's , even you over usage , they won't charge , and you cannot use it

Superapoon

yes, doesn't matter, split out or not, total 5gb

Superapoon

one time add-on, that's mean for one month only ?

1GB + 4GB

or

5GB

Same value either way. I don't see why it would be a problem unless it's pushing against an upper limit on the number of add-on categories.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Anonymous  one of your 1gig add-ons looks like 2 gig🤔 What's that about? Just curious. 

The first one under the holiday. 2048mb

Purchased when the price dropped. A recent image explained that but it's ancient history now 🙂

@Anonymous  one of your 1gig add-ons looks like 2 gig🤔 What's that about? Just curious. 

The first one under the holiday. 2048mb

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

I got 1 GB, 4GB and 1000min Can ld.

The 1GB and 4GB were sepearate? Others who were expecting 1GB ended up getting 5GB instead. I don't recall anythign about people being promised 5GB but only receiving 1GB, nor anything about a 4GB bonus being adding to any accounts.

Yes.

My main account has the below. My data has the same. My third account inexplicably got the 5gb so it's only one bucket. I wrote about it here and there in any one of the multiple threads somewhere. Maybe it's in here 🙂

newgifts.JPG

@Zeinaq2018 

You mean you received the text with the offer and you replied YES but no confirmation text back? Exactly the scenario for my second account which the moderators fixed for me yesterday without a problem. You will need to contact them. I just send a Private message to Moderator_Team right here on the community at the envelope icon upper right corner.

<edit> Oops, not quite my scenario... I DID get the “Good Choice” confirmation back and no gifts ever showed up in the account. So, slightly different but the same remedy to correct it, contact moderators.

AE_Collector

Zeinaq2018

I received the text yes and I replied to it. It should of been added but it wasn't 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinaq2018 wrote:

Hi,

I replied before August 24 , I tried many times but never got a reply back.  I kept texting YES

@Zeinaq2018 

Did you get the first text? Or were you just replying because you thought it might work?

Then did you get any of the gifts anyway?

Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Zeinaq2018

Hi,

I replied before August 24 , I tried many times but never got a reply back.  I kept texting YES

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

The 1GB and 4GB were sepearate? Others who were expecting 1GB ended up getting 5GB instead. I don't recall anythign about people being promised 5GB but only receiving 1GB, nor anything about a 4GB bonus being adding to any accounts.

@Korth 

yup.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Odgy wrote:

New user to PM.  Initial plan 100 minutes Can wide 250 MB data.  On Aug 15 message that I could get one time 1 GB  of data + 1000 Can wide minutes.  I agreed.  Then I get message from PM saying Tmr wea?? will be adding 1000 free one time Can wide mins to acct. making bonus 5 GB + 1000 mins.

So should I now be seeing 6 GB of data plus initial 250 and 2100 minutes of LD talk???

My acct says I have an additional 5GB os bonus data plus 1000 LD calling but doesn't show the 1000 minutes offered Aug 21st along with 1 GB data....

Anyone able to offer explanation please?  thanks 

Anyone able to help please

I have the same $15 plan and have received all the same messages.

End result (with AutoPay) is 100 minutes plus 250MB provided by plan, "5GB one-time data bonus" and "Free 1000 CAN LD minutes" provided by these add-on gifts.

The meanings of these PM's gift notification messages may not seem obvious or sensible, but you can read through this whole thread to understand the history and evolution of these gifts, lol.

PM has provided us with gifts a couple times before. Each was implemented a little differently. And each turned into a bit of a gong show which somehow confused (or disappointed) many people.

I just say thank you for the gifts, PM. Whether they're of any value to me isn't important, whether I'll ever use them isn't important, the fact that you've given them to me (to us) is still appreciated and welcome.

Today Moderator Eddy fixed up my account that hadn't received either of the gifts. Eddy is always very proficient and friendly.  Well done Eddy!

Now both $15 accounts have the 5Gb of data and the 1000 Minutes of Canada Calling add-ons. Eddy said they are awful busy trying to sort out a few glitches but hope to have Both of these gifts into all of the accounts that were initially targeted before too much longer. But the good news is the work day goes by real quick for them lately!

AE_Collector

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bethn

Fantastic! Might as well be christmas! 5GB and 1000 mins in my account today!

raulg

They have been offering this type of bonuses for a while. If the message comes from a short number it usually may be coming from PM. Also checking here in the community would help.

Cynth

Thanks

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It was legit. You may have received more in your account. Did you reply to the text?as you had to before a certain day to get it.

In your account look at my data add-on section. It should be there if your replied to text. Might be 5 gigs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cynth  - PM does this occasionally.  No reason to think it is not legit.  There have been others lately.

@Cynth was the offer from 5179? Then its probably a legitimate offer. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.