cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim problem with iPhone 12 mini.

G1zmosmama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The issue is solved so it is more like a sharing experience. I hope it will help these ppl who is having issues.

I started subscribing PM two days ago. Chose esim as it was free and my phone was compatible.  I ported my number and for a while, my phone has a signal and was able to receive texts. Then hours later, my phone started to show "SOS" and have no signal. I wasn't able to receive texts, so I could not log in to my account. I tried to use the chatbot, but it did not give me the right answer..

Ii came to the community then found that iPhone is not actually accepting esim. The only solution seems like getting a physical sim.

I went to Tellus/Koodo shop and asked if they have sim and they have. put it into the phone and go to app, then change the sim info from my account. After re-starting, my phone finally have a signal!!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share my experience..

5 REPLIES 5

@G1zmosmama 

good information sharing !

One other thing...where did you get the physical sim ? You said Telus / Kodoo shop but where ? Was it in a kiosk in a mall or at a larger outlet ?

G1zmosmama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to download the esim and it was shown in the app but in my iPhone's setting it wasn't shown.  Also I could not add from there as it came back with error message. I don't know what was exactly happened. As I got a physical sim for free, I just recommend that if you are able to go to the shop, the issue will be solved quickly..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@G1zmosmama thanks for sharing your experience.  

But why your iPhone was not accepting eSIM? 

The only really I can think of is your eSIM's IMEI was blacklisted.  Please check if it is clean here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*But remember your iPhone has 2 IMEIs there.  When you check your IMEI from your phone's About menu, make sure you enter the IMEI with your eSIM and not the one for your  physical sim slot

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@G1zmosmama . Thanks for sharing. Well written and well said . It’s people like you who share these experiences. That makes this community so effective. Thanks again 🙂

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@G1zmosmama , thank you for sharing what you experienced with Public Mobile’s eSIM! I’ve seen a few issues posted on here with eSIM! I think there’s still a few technical issues in the system to be worked out! It’s still new. Sorry 😕

Need Help? Let's chat.