cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim question

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am a new member here and I have a question about eSim.

What if I delete my eSim off my phone, will I be able to install a new one?

12 REPLIES 12

frostyfire22

Thank you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@frostyfire22  - deleting an eSIM is covered in the 'Get Help' articles here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

frostyfire22

@softech I am using an Android, which is the S23. eSim was smooth to set up.

@frostyfire22   are you on Android or iPhone?  I heard there was issue with eSIM activation on iPhone, not sure if they have resolved that issue yet

frostyfire22

@Dennis2109I would have gotten a physical sim if I knew it was glitchy. But so far I have no intentions of deleting or switching devices so all is good for now.

@Dennis2109 true, if you don't need the eSIM now , wait till the system is more mature first 

Dennis2109
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I read all the comments about esim, it’s better for me to hold on to the regular sim for now. Too many glitches yet in this system. 

@Dennis2109 please hold on to your new phone purchase.  At the moment, you cannot transfer eSim to another phone.  Same as if you wipe the phone.  they will fix this issue later

Dennis2109
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same for: when I have PM e-Sim and I buy another phone. With the big providers you go to the store and get a new one. But how does PM do that? Or can I then just retrieve it in my account when I setup my new phone?

@frostyfire22  No worries ,curiosity killed the cat 🙂

frostyfire22

Thank you @Handy1. Not planning to delete it, just curious about what would happen. Good to know!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@frostyfire22  No not with out help from support , I’ve read some customer shave deleted accidentally and had to fix with a physical sim for now .. so I just wouldn’t do it at this point 

add e sim is just for new activations for now and no support for Apple Watch yet either 

Need Help? Let's chat.