cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is community remembering you a thing of the past?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, I finally regained access to my original community ID, step 1 done. 

but now, it seems that "trusted device" only let's you skip the 2fa part, but you still have to enter your full email and password every time you want to check in? It used to just remember me, unless I deleted cookies basically. Is this feature just gone now unless your browser itself saves your info? It's quite tedious having to enter this info every single time... It doesn't even seem there's a way to have it remember your email, leaving you only needing to type your password

Am I just totally missing something?

I never minded having to log into my actual account every time as that was only once a month, but community always remembered, no info needed. Can't say I don't miss that! Lol

20 REPLIES 20

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Turns out you were right. I left Chrome on logged in and it didn't auto-log out. So I'll see what Firefox needs.

@dust2dust while Chrome may remember you for Community,  I wonder if Firefox is better for cache issues? Although, I haven't needed to go incognito in Chrome for quite some time with Public.

@esjliv- Turns out you were right. I left Chrome on logged in and it didn't auto-log out. So I'll see what Firefox needs.

Pawprints1986

@esjliv that's what I had originally thought "trusted device" meant as well, was that it kept you logged in or at least only asked for community credentials maybe once every few days or something. I'm totally fine with the actual "my account", where money can be spent in your name, asking for credentials every time. It seems a little excessive for community though. What could happen, someone ask questions in my name? Lol. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust you're right I did lose you there for a bit. But was cleared up on the last post.

Agreed, the main/home computer is very handy to stay logged into; and if that is not happening for you - blah, that is a downfall of the 'latest and greatest'.

@esjliv- I'm apparently not speaking clearly. No. I primarily use a home computer where I would rather it stay logged in. When I'm on mobile then I don't really care. Like with it disconnecting when I change network connections which I kind of technically understand. But I don't want the auto-log-out on the main home computer.

So on both I use Firefox with privacy settings and some add-ons. There used to be a checkbox. It's no more. Maybe I'll experiment with another browser.

@dust2dust - oh, you are using mobile.

K, I just opened my short cut to community on my cell phone, through Chrome, and it opened right up to my account and was already logged in as esjliv. What browser do you use?

@esjliv- I leave it logged in all day. I go do other things. Live life. etc. Come back and carry on. Now I have to re-log in. Dumb hassle. I log in and out on occasion when I'm out and about so I don't care about it timing out when mobile. Heck, it disconnects when I switch from cell data to a wifi or to a different wifi or back to cell data.

But not my main computer.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- Community. We used to have a checkbox to stay logged in. Now that's gone. And now it auto-logs out after a period of time of inactivity. I would prefer to just leave it logged in while the page is on. So I come back to the computer and carry on. But no. Now we have to re-log in.

@dust2dust Oh. my Community account seems to stay logged in with Chrome web. I have been checking daily lately. But maybe when I don't, it will log me out.🤔

@esjliv- Community. We used to have a checkbox to stay logged in. Now that's gone. And now it auto-logs out after a period of time of inactivity. I would prefer to just leave it logged in while the page is on. So I come back to the computer and carry on. But no. Now we have to re-log in.

@dust2dust wrote:

@esjliv- I've just recently got my other two accounts done. I don't know why it took so long. I don't use them. I just wanted it all to be...right.

A thing I've commented here already on is that I don't like the auto-log out. It doesn't require the code again but it's a bit of a bother to log in again.

Woohoo! Glad your accounts are fixed right now @dust2dust .

When you say the autolog out, you are referring to My Account, right? Not Community account.

@esjliv- I've just recently got my other two accounts done. I don't know why it took so long. I don't use them. I just wanted it all to be...right.

A thing I've commented here already on is that I don't like the auto-log out. It doesn't require the code again but it's a bit of a bother to log in again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 yeah, I noticed Community doesn't seem to use member names like 'Pawprints1986' as the Username login any longer. Now it is our emails. Guess that is the 'safer' way through this EverSafe method. 

My community does seem to remember, but I am using Chrome mostly. If I go to other browsers, they do seem to remember, but not all the time? Not sure exactly, as I don't go to others that often.

Not familiar with brave browser. Perhaps the memories of browsers are based on their settings. It says brave blocks some website trackers, maybe it is this or something else in the brain of this browser making you log in each time.

edit typo

Pawprints1986

@maximum_gato mine earlier logged me out after about 5 minutes of active activity!! No clue why, had to reenter all my stuff again. Grr. Maybe cuz I had added funds, maybe that's a fun new bug or something? Had to log back in to make sure it worked!

Pawprints1986

@LitlLdy this is the case for me too, no trusted device option on the email and password screen, not incognito either... 🤔 I only get the option for trusted device on the 2fa just as you're describing

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Hmmmm....I've never seen the trusted device for community login? I have to enter my email and password everytime. It logs me out after more than 10 or 15 minutes of inactivity. My self serve account is worse it logs me out after only 2 minutes of inactivity.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 

Please note that auto fill doesn’t work when trying to sign in. You will see a green check mark if entry is OK.

You also need to check off trusted device twice. First time when login and second time on sending the 2FA code then you won’t have the problem entering everytime you try to login.

@BKNS27 , ahhh that could also be my issue! I don’t have trust this device at login, only after login when sending 2FA code!

@Pawprints1986 

Please note that auto fill doesn’t work when trying to sign in. You will see a green check mark if entry is OK.

You also need to check off trusted device twice. First time when login and second time on sending the 2FA code then you won’t have the problem entering everytime you try to login.

Pawprints1986

I'm using brave browser on android. 

I can get trust as far as 2fa to work, but it's the actually logging in that seems to be needed every single time now, there's no "remember me" or "remember my email" upon logging in, making you have to retype it out even if you just checked community an hour ago

Does the app help with this? I've avoided the app so far, I just use browser for most things. 

(Also it seems my community notifications aren't updating/synced yet under the bell, hopefully that fixes in time)

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 , trusted device doesn’t work on any of my browsers on my iPad due to I use my browsers in private/incognito mode which doesn’t save cookies/history, so I still have to login using email addresses, password & 2FA. Yet, on the PM App I don’t have to do that, it saves it for a while (couple hours maybe) whether or not I use remember this device (makes no difference for me)! Guess we all have different experiences!

Edit: At least my community notifications have started working again lately (popups & bell icon)!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome back @Pawprints1986 !!

are you in iPhone using the app?  Trust does not work there, but it works on Safari no problem. Android and laptop/desktop should be good too

Need Help? Let's chat.