cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim charge for the exsiting user

HelloLily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am an existing user who were using physical eSim before. Public mobile offers free eSim for only new users.

Is there any way I can change my SIM to eSim without any charges?

3 REPLIES 3

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Those steps come directly from the announcement post of E-Sim for existing customers from @J_PM 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HelloLily 

E-Sim is available for existing customers but unfortunately does cost $5. As far as I know the free E-SIM is only for new customers. 

If you want to go from Physical Sim to E-Sim here are the steps: 

How to transition from a SIM card to an eSIM

1. Download and install the Public Mobile app on your device
  2. Open the app and select one of the the following locations: 
     - Subscription & add ons page
     - Empty cart page
     - Lost/stolen banner
  3. Select ‘Purchase SIM’ and select the SIM type of your choice
  4. Select ‘Pay & Install’ and complete the payment. Your eSIM will be installed and your current SIM card number will be automatically replaced with the eSIM number
  5. Remember, once the eSIM is installed, it cannot be transferred to another device
  6. You can remove your SIM card. It is no longer necessary to access Public Mobile services after the eSIM is activated

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HelloLily 

esim is available to us existing customers now as well. Just make sure your cell phone will take esim. Changing plans might help you get the free esim. Looks like we gotta pay $5 for the esim after all.

added...

For Existing Customers:

1. Visit the ‘Overview’ or ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase either an eSIM or SIM card.
  2. You can also buy a physical SIM through our website at pm.ca.
  3. Additionally, SIM cards are available for pick-up at our stores here
Need Help? Let's chat.