cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wifi did not work request totally refund

Michelle777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To whom it may concern, We try all to switch the sim card and another photo still no wifi and Previous could not sign in communities, keep on looping and looping to circle cannot sign in.  We prefer you refund the whole amount to us. The plan I purchased is $25 and 500 Mb date and free 4GB for 12 months. Sales said it would not show up on bill. However come out only 2GB and no wifi. Phone is very important. You totally charge me $28.25 and $33.9=$62.15.  I prefer totally refund.  

Your company did not have a live chat or a sale representative to serve.  I think totally out of my expectation. I purchase the sim card mainly for my relative come over and transfer the phone to his name. Their is no Wifi service and we prefer not wait anymore. I had already file complain to CCTC. For preference need to sign in, is not working and sign in. Loop on not successful. Then successful and need to sign in community. Again not successful. Now it is once time sign in. I think your company put my in a loop to ask a question is not willing to help. I take so may screen capture and file complain to CCTC. I feel so annoying to deal with request with your company.  There is tons of user feel said your company did not provide Wifi in your website. No matter. Your service is not acceptable. Phone is very important to nowadays. So we really don't want to deal with same problem. Please refund all money to me. I purchase the sim card in the Bridlewood Mall in Scarborough.  By the way the sales is good person. Just choose a bad product. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 

Many thanks,

Michelle

15 REPLIES 15

So the only place you are getting this 4GB bonus expectation is from the rep that set you up with everything? It is pretty clear everywhere else that it is 2GB, so that is unfortunate if that is the case, you could raise an issue with the store you did business with about that, otherwise still seems to be some confusion on your exact issues and it sounds like they may be an easy fix, Follow the steps laid out and good luck with everything

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you in fact are not confusing data with wifi then the problem is with your phone. I assume that you have already checked your phones setting and have enabled WIFI and Data, MMS etc. If by chance you don't know how to do this I suggest you ask a friend to help or go to your nearest electronic business and ask them to do this for you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle777You writing suggests many layers of confusion.

1. You are logged in here so that's one login.

2. Can you log in to the self-serve account?

3. Can the phone make or receive calls?

4. Can the phone send or receive texts?

5. The proper terminology is that wifi is like in coffee shops and hotels or of course home. Mobile data is using your cellular service data.

6. GPS does not need any cellular service. Using navigation in a map app does. You can also download map areas and use them offline with no need for data. Optionally use the GPS on that if you like.

7. There was never a 4GB data promo. Your nice salesperson was mistaken. That nice salesperson also should have described the support method here.

8. Is the mobile data turned on on the phone?

9. There could also be an APN issue but Samsung phones are usually very good.

10. Submitting a ticket for support requires to re-type your community login info then to use your account login info.

@Michelle777 wrote:

Hi Darlicious,  thank you however not only slow. There is no signal or wifi when outthere. Thanks for your quick response. Even 3G is acceptable however no wifi. Cannot do Google search or GPS.

Please slow down!

Lets clarify first:

WiFi connection is provided by your home internet wireless router/modem. If you do not have internet at home - no WiFi. WiFi can be obtained by free WiFi providers like Tim Hortons, Walmart, etc.

In order to have WiFi connection you have to activate it on your phone, It is symbol with usually 4 curved lines or go to Settings, connections and toggle switch for Wi-Fi to ON.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle777 

So you can't connect to WiFi? Do you have an iPhone?

Edit:

Or you can't connect mobile data? Just go clarify.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Michelle777

Hi Darlicious,  thank you however not only slow. There is no signal or wifi when outthere. Thanks for your quick response. Even 3G is acceptable however no wifi. Cannot do Google search or GPS.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle777 

You can send a private message to customer support rather use SIMon. I think you are confusing WiFi and mobile data. WiFi is connected to "cable" internet service. Mobile data is the internet that goes with you. 

The sales person should have explained the service to you better. There is no 5G. The 4G LTE data is throttled to 3mbps. The 3G data averages 10mbps to 12mbps on average. If you want full speed data you are better off going with virgin, fido or koodo $60/10gb give or take....$41.25/4gb...

You can try for a refund I don't know how successful you will be. Use The second link below.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Michelle777

The ticket said it will get in touch with me within 30 minutes still no one call me or text me.

Michelle777

Hi Yummy, Thank you for your help.  I had already create a ticket. However not easy keep on looping in the system said log in or not successful. Couple days ago. Now I would make it.

We are customers like you. You are not talking to PM staff.

Only way to talk to PM staff is to either open a ticket or send them private message.

Use computer not phone to log in to your account. If you have issue logging in try different browser (Edge, Chrome).

Michelle777

Sorry  to let you know Your service is so slow or no signal and my relative is using Samsung ultra S22. We don't think it is device problem. Besides hard to file complain. Hard to obtain a ticket. always put me in the loop of not log in not successful. I purchased phone said 4GB promotion within 2GB now not how many you give to us. Is your service too slow and no wifi service. First is misleading ad. second is service is not provide as you said. The plan including 2GB wifi. My relative is hard to obtain the GPS and Google search. Hard to transfer the phone to him.  You self serve system did not work well.

@Michelle777 wrote:

No the plan come with 2GB data and sales said should be 4Gb in 12 months. It is totally no signal. or very slow

If you signed up with 2GB promo it should show up on your self-serving account.

You can paste screenshot here so we can see what did you signed up for. Remove personal data.

If Internet is slow it could be depending on signal strength. You can always try to reboot your phone.

If you have issue with your account, contact agent for assistance.

As PM is prepaid service you will not be able to receive refund if you are not satisfied with service but agent will try to assist you and improve your experience.

Michelle777

No the plan come with 2GB data and sales said should be 4Gb in 12 months. It is totally no signal. or very slow

Meow
Mayor / Maire

WiFi has nothing to do with PM service.

WiFi is feature of your phone. You have to have wireless Internet at home or to connect to any free WiFi.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Michelle777   Public Mobile is a Prepaid provider and usually do not provide refund.

And you are not able to sign into Community here? or the Self Serve My Account

If you are unable to sign in to the My Account, please open a ticket.  Yes, it is not phone support but  it is a very convenient and easy to use support model.  

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.