cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card expiry

SBP2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I work for a church that pays the cell phones for 4 individuals as part of our outreach efforts. Our credit card on file is about to expire and the person who originally set everything up is not longer in our employee and has moved to another country. We were not left with any log in info and the employee is not able to be reached. 

we do not have any account #s or user names etc. so can not long in to change the card expiry date. Is there anyway possible to somehow get a resolution to this issue or do we just let things end when public mobile can not longer charge our credit car and find another mobile provider? The bad thing about that is we will have to get 4 new cell #s as we can't port a phone # when we don't have the account # to do so. This is so aggravating!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@Meow   hard to tell if OP can pass PM's validation.   If OP cannot answer all the requires question, it would be trouble.  Loading via Voucher and *611 could be a short term option, but I imagine there will be other situations that OP might need to access the My Account for other changes in the future.  Let's hope PM agent gives OP easy questions  🙂

@softech wrote:

@Meow   I think OP has accounts in PM now, cannot access the My Account, he was saying he cannot even port the number if he willing to give up PM.

Maybe I misunderstand what you meant , I am sorry if i misread

You are too kind and no need to apologize! Maybe I did not fully understood what OP needs/wants.

But I still think he does not need access to his current account in order to port number out. Maybe I am wrong????

@Meow   I think OP has accounts in PM now, cannot access the My Account, he was saying he cannot even port the number if he willing to give up PM.

Maybe I misunderstand what you meant , I am sorry if i misread

@softech wrote:

@Meow wrote:

I do not think you need access to current account in order to port that number to new account.

@Meow   OP was talking about they cannot port numbers away from PM to keep the phone number.  OP does need to get the current account number to port out of PM if wish to keep the phone numbers

I do not see one word where OP wants to port out from PM?!

I understand he has issue not able to access current accounts and update CC info. That will not stop him to port out numbers, correct? Unless it is NOT possible to port existing PM number to new PM account...?

@Meow wrote:

I do not think you need access to current account in order to port that number to new account.

@Meow   OP was talking about they cannot port numbers away from PM to keep the phone number.  OP does need to get the current account number to port out of PM if wish to keep the phone numbers

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@SBP2 wrote:

The bad thing about that is we will have to get 4 new cell #s as we can't port a phone # when we don't have the account # to do so.

As you do not have any current acc. details it will be very tough to persuade agent to reveal it. Anybody can claim what you said in your post.

The only way I see to handle this situation is to open 4 new PM accounts, have 4 unique emails, pick 4 new numbers, get 4 new SIMs, activate and confirm services are in order and then port all 4 numbers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SBP2 

Since you don’t have any credentials to confirm the 4 accounts. It will be very difficult for the CS_Agent to help you out but worth a try.

Worst case scenario, you will need to purchase 4 new PM SIM and create & port the 4 numbers over before the CC expires. 

The 4 members can reply with YES to the SMS text you are porting over to a new SIM…I think you can port from PM to PM but ask the CS_Agent if this can be done.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SBP2 

If you know the mobile numbers, the e-mail addresses, and usage information for each of the services, I suspect the Customer Support Agents will work with you to getting a new payment card associated to the accounts.

Cause if they don't, the services will go into suspended status and they'll lose 4 accounts.

Make sure to just be polite and present your case similarly to how you did here - any reasonable Customer Support Agent with any common sense will be able to assist.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SBP2   You can try to open ticket to reset the account credentials.  PM will ask you couple questions for validation and I am not sure if you can pass the test.  But try it and hope it works out

For you , best way to open ticket is to via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide them the credit card info, expiry date (old one) and the 4 numbers you are paying and try to answer the rest of the questions they need

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SBP2  Unfortunately without information to verify that you are the account holder of the accounts besides just a number. Than there is not much that can be done to get access to the accounts.

The accounts would be an email address then a password. Each account would have a seperate email address. You can try sending a message to support and maybe they have a way to assist you. Possibly by providing a credit card statement or something. link below to reach them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the interim. Don't worry about loosing the numbers or accounts. You can go to a corner store or gas station and buy Public Mobile top up vouchers. Then dial 611 from each phone and add a voucher to each phone to cover the bill. Until you hear back from support or from the person that used to manage the accounts.

Below are places you can get vouchers.

Screenshot_20220223-194333_Chrome.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.