cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Service not working

Floki14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased an eSim to switch over from a physical SIM and it has downloaded successfully onto my new Samsung Galaxy Ultra 24. I am using this as a dual-sim. I have my primary work sim (physical) installed and just downloaded my personal (eSim) onto the phone. Within the SIM manager i have both SIMs (physical and eSim) activated. I am showing no service on my eSim (public mobile). What are my next steps to resolve this issue?

At the moment I am still able to use my old physical SIM on my previous phone (google pixel) to SMS (text) and receive phone calls, but i am unable to make phone calls. Please note that i have tried removing the physical SIM on my pixel to see if the new eSIM would work on my new Samsung and it did not resolve the issue. 

6 REPLIES 6

Floki14

The app froze during purchase so i used the QR code on my computer (web browser). It immediately downloaded onto the phone, but again, no service. I did not receive a welcome email. On my profile it is still using my old SIM number (physical). How do i get my new eSim number to update?

@Floki14

first, did you use PM app to activate and got to Step 6?   if so, it's good

For esim, you don't manually enter anything for the esim, instead, you need to scan the QR code.  Did you get a Welcome email ?  there is the eSIM QR code there. 

If you don't see such QR code or the welcome email, please open ticket with PM support  as advised above 

Floki14

Followed these instructions and it still did not work. Reset all networks and no change. I am still seeing my original SIM card under my account, not the new eSim. Can you confirm that ICCID is what i should be inputting?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Floki14 

best to remove your physical sim first, then go to Sim Manager and make sure PM esim is enabled

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

Floki14

I tried and it said it was not valid. I was using the ICCID number i can see on my Samsung. Is this what i should be inputting? Is there another location i can see my "new" SIM number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Floki14 

Have you updated the new SIM card under your profile tab in self-serve account such that your public mobile account is linked with the E Sim number versus the physical SIM card number?

Try that.

Need Help? Let's chat.