cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM

Toxin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What’s better, physical SIM card or eSIM?

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Toxin hard to tell, depends 

ESIM is great that you can activate anytime, no need to worry about getting a physical sim from stores or online. Also, if travel a lot, you can install multiple and change quickly on tje fly.   But drawback is you  cannot swap phone easily, many ask you to pay extra 

Toxin

I do hope iPhone15 have a SIM card slot!!!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Toxin 

I also prefer physical SIM card.  Easy to transfer between phones.  At the present time with Public mobile, if you need to transfer eSIM to a new phone, you will need to purchase another eSIM ($5) with your new phone.

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

You can't move an esim around to different devices (at least here anyway). You have to buy a new esim to move it to another device. You can move the card to a backup phone in case you have a problem with your daily driver.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Physical offers a little more flexibility. Say you get a new device you can just pop your SIM in and be on your way. With E-SIM on PM you’d have to purchase a new E-SIM for the new device. 

Toxin

Why?   With eSIM you don’t have to switch out cards when traveling but then again I’ve never tried eSIM.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Physical. All day.

Need Help? Let's chat.