cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM

Dipstep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's mentioned on the website that a new user can activate via esim through the app, however, I don't see the option for existing customers in the app to transfer to an esim, anyone having luck for this?

8 REPLIES 8

4star601
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just moved a physical to an esim.  Easy process now..on an Iphone SE(2020)

Mude

Even as a new subscriber I can’t activate the eSIM. And there doesn’t seem to be any help. How can I get my subscription up and running because as of now, I can’t make or receive phone calls

@sfel 

no update at this moment

I am still optimistic it will come very soon, possibly end of summer 🙂

sfel

Just wondering if there are any updates to eSim for existing customers? Is it available yet?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Dipstep , the response I received from a CSA,

“We apologize if some of the steps to complete certain action are not functioning to the optimal capacity right now. We are launching this new release of operation & by experience there are going to be certain aspect of process which may not work. This happens with new release of technology to a system.

As I was writing this to you, I inquired to the moderator of the release & she said that in fact the esim are only available for new activation for the moment on the APP. Sorry that we do not have it available for you at the moment.

Again, this is a new release & upgrades are still coming & hopefully the esim will be available for existing clients very soon.”

@softech wrote:

@Dipstep yes, as of now, only new activation can choose to use eSIM.  

I think PM will eventually  allows existing subscribers to use eSIM.   Hope it is sooner than later

update: the e-SIM issue for existing subscribers is confirmed by @LitlLdy  here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-wait-is-OVER/m-p/984381/highlight/tru...

@Dipstep , sorry 😕. Hopefully soon! They’re working on it. 

Dipstep

Agreed, I'm sure a lot of existing users could benefit from this.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dipstep yes, as of now, only new activation can choose to use eSIM.  

I think PM will eventually  allows existing subscribers to use eSIM.   Hope it is sooner than later

update: the e-SIM issue for existing subscribers is confirmed by @LitlLdy  here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-wait-is-OVER/m-p/984381/highlight/tru...

Need Help? Let's chat.