cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-SIM Install:

Woodzie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t have access to buy or use a SIM Card right now! I have an iPhone 12 and it’s telling me that it’s not e-SIM compatible even though it is and has a second IMEI in settings - under About in General. 
Why is it telling me that it’s incompatible even though my phone is capable of using it.

System issue? How can I make it work?

IMG_7909.png

IMG_7911.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16

Woodzie

I already did that and it’s still not working. 

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don’t think that CS can help you because it’s your phones problem.
Completely erase your phone . If your friend didn’t disable the find my phone setting ask him to do so. 

Void
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@slusagm wrote:

PM is position for the price , not for support.  They never hide the fact it is all online and no call centre

This have NOT been true for more than a year.

They used to say the following in their home page:

Our support is all online.

Having online support means more money in your pocket and less waiting on hold. We call that a win-win.

Those text had been removed since May 2023!

@Woodzie  most time  I needed support  I get reply with in the hour . But have also waiting 48 hours before that’s rare case thou . So to be safe I just like to let others know it can take up to two hours sometimes unfortunately 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM is position for the price , not for support.  They never hide the fact it is all online and no call centre

you checked your inbox and they haven't replied yet?

Woodzie

How can they take two hours, before I called Bell at anytime of the day and it wouldn’t even be 15 mins before someone was actively helping me. 
this is a very bad experience and it’s making me regret getting my services here if the support is nonexistent 

@Woodzie  it can take up to 2 hours for a reply . But 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

slusagm

Telus won't help, PM is run by independently, just message them again, their support not closed yet

Woodzie

I texted the @CS_Agent already but they still haven’t replied. I tried calling Telus and they said to use the online chat but they won’t reply to help so I don’t know what to do

this is a terrible experience considering my phone is compatible and their app is not allowing me to buy or install an e sim

slusagm

iPhone 12 is ok for esim.  Ask PM why it is not showing correctly.  Open ticket using the Orange chatbot icon.  Type Submit Ticket and choose Contact Us and you will see the ticket open screen

Woodzie

I can’t use this phone with a physical SIM Card since the SIM reader is broken and the tray to put the SIM card in is not there  
I must use an e sim

slusagm

your problem is not about setting up or turning on the line, it is about you cannot order esim.  You can choose to check with PM first, or find a way to get a physical sim card

Woodzie

I need to use an e-SIM the SIM Card reader on this phone is broken and I bought it from a friend only because I knew it was e-SIM Compatible but now it is not working and saying it’s incompatible. 

Woodzie

IMG_7912.png

This is all it says in settings under cellular. I don’t have the options that you do and it won’t let me install an e-SIM using the app even though my phone should be able to use e-SIM. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Woodzie 

iPhone 12 should be eSIM compatible.  The compatibility check sometimes return the wrong result.  Please message support and confirm. If they are ok, they can help you to get a eSIM and send you the QR code to install.  Message them here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there      

Worst case, you can order a physical sim card  from Amazon for $5 , with Prime shipping, you will get it within 2 days

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Woodzie  Could just be an errors check your siim manager in phone settings . And set PM sim to primary and “ turn on  this line “is toggled on  and reboot  the phone . See if that helps . If all else fails contact support to help 

send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

wrote:

Handy1_0-1720658165260.png

Need Help? Let's chat.