cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropped calls

droppedcalls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had six dropped calls today.  This is getting very tiresome.  I have had this problem for a long time and thought it might be because someone is using their car phone but it seems that nobody was travelling on any of the six calls dropped today.  Maybe it is time to change service providers.  What is going on and is there any way to fix this.

6 REPLIES 6

Tom222333444555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@droppedcalls wrote:

I have had six dropped calls today.  This is getting very tiresome.  I have had this problem for a long time and thought it might be because someone is using their car phone but it seems that nobody was travelling on any of the six calls dropped today.  Maybe it is time to change service providers.  What is going on and is there any way to fix this.

Join the club. Every single one of my phones calls will drop. It can be after 1 minute, or 20 minutes. It is random. But 100% of my calls will drop at some point. In fact, I've just switched my family over from TELUS. We never had 1 problem with them, except I save money with Public Mobile....a lot of money per month. I've only been with Public about 3 weeks. It is not leaving a very good impression on me. Rogers just offerred me a $45 per month unlimted 5G plan this morning. Depending on how things go, I will switch

Just FYI, All the phones in my family are newish. My phone is a Samsung S24 less than a year old. My son has a iPhone 14, and my wife is on a 2 year old Pixel....happens to all of us. I've had my network "Refreshed" by the agent so lets see how that goes. But someone else I've been chatting with on here has had their trouble ticket escalated to Telus Tech Support. If I hear anything, I will update this thread.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Neil11 - You may want to ask them for an update on your ticket by re-submitting a ticket.

Like you don't see this?

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 2.59.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-12 at 3.20.32 PM.png

Maybe just contact them with your ticket number and ask for an update, go to your private message menu (Where picture shows above) then click on the dropdown from Inbox and select "Sent"

Then copy the ticket that has this: Ticket ID:

You can get in touch with them below on my original post.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman  Thanks.  I am going to apply your suggestions.

Our house is at the edge of a service dead zone.  We have had a poor signal for decades. Telus was never able to improve it. And when we switched to PM 5 years ago, the signal was the same. Friends who are on Rogers and Bell experienced the same signal problem when they visited. Our problem was usually having the voice cut in and out and slow mobile data speed. I usually go upstairs to get a better cell signal.

In January, I switched from the 3G plan to a 4G plan and set my network preference in my phone to "5G (recommended)".  The mobile data speeds improved, but not great despite messaging PM who refreshed network several times.  However, I have noticed more dropped calls and calls going to my voicemail without phone ringing since January.  It could be my phone is having more difficulty connecting to the 5G network. I will try downgrading my network setting on my phone to LTE or even 3G and see if there is any improvement.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have put in ticket and private messaged last week Thursday and still have not gotten a response from a CS_Agent yet!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@droppedcalls 

As for the call dropping issue, several customers have experience this problem.  It might be a Telus network issue since Koodo customers also are complaining online.  

You can try the following fixes:

Manually select the phone network to 4G/LTE instead of Auto.  

From a different forum (reddit, RFD), one customer had the following fix:

For iPhone:
settings>>>cellular>>>Primary>>>network selection>>> turn off automatic network selection and reboot

If that does not work, you may want to submit at ticket for CSA help.  Sometimes CSA can refresh your account on the backend and calling works better. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@droppedcalls - Many have experienced this issue but it can happen from too many circuits being used, low coverage, also an overload on one tower.

If it happens in more places than one, you may want to get in touch with CS_Agent and ask what is happening:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

⚠️ Public Mobile is Experiencing longer support wait times currently! Do Not Reply back to CS_Agent after submitting your ticket unless you solved it! Click here to bring up the Article!   ⚠️  

fixin1_0-1716945907141.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.