Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

had a comp 500mb data on my $10 plan no longer available was that taken away

15 REPLIES 15

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Thank you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious    Yes it was an one time 500MB add-on.  I doubt if PM (or anyone else) would give a recurring data for a glitch that affected some customers.   I did find the thread by Alan_K making the announcement of adding the data to affected customers account, although his announcement only mentions data issue on PM's side, I do know many customers had problems besides the data during that time and I believe all the affected accounts got the one time data add-on.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-progress-Plan-data-not-renewing/...

Perhaps, OP still had this data on their account, or it could be something PM customer support added to their account over some other issue they experienced...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Just a one time add on correct? Not reoccurring?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

IIRC PM gave quite a few customers 500MB data because many accounts encountered a glitch on renewal day and the minutes/text didn't reset to zero around spring of 2019.    I remember this happened to one of the  $10 plan that I manage around that time and can remember 500MB being added to the account because of the glitch.  It was listed under the regular My Data/Add-on section.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rw3 

Was the 500mb on the bottom left of your overview page or the middle right under "my promotions"? Did customer support ever comp you data?

@dust2dust 

I'm thinking maybe one of those mysterious promotions that show up after a couple of months of suspension perhaps?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes and for a few years now they've given away data. This was great for the limited plans. The 500mb bucket you mention is a bit of a mystery. There's a 200mb add-on. Maybe you bought one. Maybe after you used 100mb of it you bought 2 more which would have reset the total number to 200+200+the remaining 100 giving you 500.

rw3

always had 500mb of data with plan that i didnt pay extra for.  I think i will just pay the 15 for 1gb thanks for all your replies

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The $10 plan didn't have data so paying for that and renewing has no impact on any data on hand.

Maybe you could provide an image of your overview page so we can help you with what you're seeing.

rw3

Hi under data and addons it says 'amount used '  line used to say 500mb  I just paid bill 2days ago 

@rw3 wrote:

never paid for an add on always had it for frree for the last couple of years disappeared last month. phone is for emergencies so dont need alot of data but do need some

Hi @rw3   Then you have been using the Christmas free Data bonus from PM.  Probably they are all used up now

You can check your Usage History on My Account and you will see some lines about "Web" traffic.  

rw3

never paid for an add on always had it for frree for the last couple of years disappeared last month. phone is for emergencies so dont need alot of data but do need some

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons will rollover on the account until finished. It sounds like you finished that 500mb data. If you also bought the 1gb then it sounds like that has finished too. Check your usage detail logs to see what all data you've used for the last while.

@rw3 wrote:

dont remember there being a time limit on just paid bill shows no data available. the add on for 1 gb data for $15 is that for a month oruntil the gb is used up thanks

HI @rw3   if you paid $15 and got 1GB add-on data, it will be there UNTIL THEY ARE ALL USED UP.  If it is not fully consumed in the month, it will roll over to the next month

So, you are planning to buy the addon? or you got it and now is gone?  If you gone it sometime ago and it is gone now, that mean you have used them all up already

rw3

dont remember there being a time limit on just paid bill shows no data available. the add on for 1 gb data for $15 is that for a month oruntil the gb is used up thanks

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It should not have been taken away unless the promotion with a limited time offering.

To be sure, check under your “my data and add-on” in self serve section for available data bucket

Need Help? Let's chat.