cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards unable to process when activating SIM

Deit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to activate my SIM and have tried two different MasterCards but both give me:

We were not able to process your payment. Make sure all information is correct or try again with a different card.

How can I get this working?

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad you resolved it, same goes for if you have this issue in the community or in your self serve account when you are trying to purchase add ons or update a cc

Deit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Going incognito fixed it;

Thanks everyone for the help!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Deit  - so you never got past the payment section of the activation pages?

Maybe try activating this way and by using this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Let them know you have been having issues, incase there were charges made somewhere.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually using different browser or incognito more resolves this issue.

Do not try to use same card multiple times due to failure to process as you might trigger fraud lock.

Sometimes failure to activate SIM might cause multiple charges on your CC so be ready for that; it is easy resolved talking to agent but you are not there yet (and hopefully will not be ever).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Deit   Try again in another browser or Incognito mode and see if it makes a difference

If still fails, you might need to open a ticket with PM support and have them to check if any Fraud lock was on the account:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.