cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data add on not working?

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the 200MB Add-on, today was my billing day, I was charged for the calling minutes and texts, but not for the data add on, my account is still showing my data from the previous billing cycle:

Capture.JPG

Do I have to add it on manually every billing cycle?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sarah02 wrote:

Try emailing or chat with the Public Mobile or maybe even going to London drugs to get help there. Hope this helped

@Sarah02 please note:  Public Mobile does not offer either email-based or online chat-based support.  There is only ONE way to contact Public Mobile for assistance, and that is outlined here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Sarah02 wrote:

Try emailing or chat with the Public Mobile or maybe even going to London drugs to get help there. Hope this helped

@Sarah02

Your advice is inaccurate. Please do your homework before making statements like this.

a) There is no need for a Public Mobile representative to intervene here - the answer is clear and simple and has been correctly provided by long standing community members and confirmed by the oracles (our super members)

b) Public Mobile customer service cannot be reached by e-mail or chat, or phone for that matter, private messaging the moderators (= PM employees) here in the community is the way to go for account related issues. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-contact-Public-Mobile/ta-p/30...

Sarah02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@dna2016, I’ve also called this member on this.  It’s wasted telling them to stop.

I do not think this member ever contributes a valid response. As pointed out by @ShawnC13, this again is simply a canned response which is completely answerable by any community member who can respond without a scripted canned response.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai, even reading that response in February, don't understand that encrypted wording on the 2nd and 3rd lines.  Makes no sense to me.  He says he understands but guess based on his response today he truly doesn't understand.  I suggest 3 strikes and you're out rule, lol.  Don't hesitate to report that user if they show up with those useless copy paste messages again.

dna2016

Good call out @ShawnC13, users like this don't make these forums useful at all.  they just copy paste whatever they used before and does not provide any specific or unique solutions.  

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you need send a private message to Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

Ok i have said this many times before @Anonymous, your post you put here does not help the customer or answer the question. Your way is a total waste of mod resources and this is a perfect example of the community being able to answer this question and provide the required support. I am all for people participating and helping out but 99% off your posts are all the same and 80% offer the wrong advice. Again i am all for this service model but it is only as good as the information provided

Back in February, I reached out to him regarding the same thing, and this is what he replied: 

"

i'm understand 

everyone everybody have which like to do ok

but don't worry
take care and be nicely"

He understands, but does it anyways. 

@Anonymous Consider this as a last warning. If you don't stop, we will not hesitate to report you. 

MacMe

@sahands wrote:

So once it's all used up, then will it auto renew, or do I have to purchase it manually?

Add-ons will not auto renew.  Yes, you have to purchase it manually,

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So once it's all used up, then will it auto renew, or do I have to purchase it manually?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sahands wrote:

I have the 200MB Add-on, today was my billing day, I was charged for the calling minutes and texts, but not for the data add on, my account is still showing my data from the previous billing cycle:

Capture.JPG

Do I have to add it on manually every billing cycle?

As correctly stated by @Lg85, add-ons do not auto renew.  They stay active on the account until fully consumed, and that is a great feature for saving money.  In your case if this is standard data usage you can get another 2months it off one add-on purchase instead of having to buy one new one for each month .

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

Good Luck

Ok i have said this many times before @Anonymous, your post you put here does not help the customer or answer the question. Your way is a total waste of mod resources and this is a perfect example of the community being able to answer this question and provide the required support. I am all for people participating and helping out but 99% off your posts are all the same and 80% offer the wrong advice. Again i am all for this service model but it is only as good as the information provided

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sahands

The data add-ons do not expire. Since you only used 57MB of the 200 MB data available, you still have 143 MB left, which will roll forward to your next billing cycle. Therefore, you do not have to purchase the add on again since you haven't used up the 200 MB add on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.