cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service says I used 100% of data but I still have about 40% on my account

rophono
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I received a message from Public customer service saying I have used 100% of my Data but looking at my account I see I have 2.39 GB left (a little less than 50%). It's as if I have run out of data (can't make calls, texts, use the internet without wifi). 

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Thanks!

R

10 REPLIES 10

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • Thank u. So kind.

rophono

Tried it in incognito mode and that revealed that I had in fact used up all my data. Solved.

You're absolutely right about data not affecting calls and texts. I spaced out on that.

Much appreciated!

@messenabout wrote:

Just yesterday I got a notice from public mobile saying I had used 95% of my data. When I checked on myselfserve it said I had only used about 25%. When I contacted customer service they said I had used about 40% and the 95% message was an error. With so many conflicting answers, how is one to keep track of their data use. I appreciate the 95% used data message however what good is it if it's false? How does that even happen?

customer service

@messenabout - it is a self-managed style service, and we expect the information provided to us is accurate; no doubt this is not how things should go, unfortunately.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just yesterday I got a notice from public mobile saying I had used 95% of my data. When I checked on myselfserve it said I had only used about 25%. When I contacted customer service they said I had used about 40% and the 95% message was an error. With so many conflicting answers, how is one to keep track of their data use. I appreciate the 95% used data message however what good is it if it's false? How does that even happen?

customer service

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure the message was from 611/public mobile? 

Strange, why don't calls work @rophono ? And texts, are you using iMessage (outside of wifi areas, which of course needed data to work...turn your SMS feature on, if this is the case, so at least you can have texting).

Or, was the message you received on a device level, providing you a warning or shutting data off on your phone, based on the settings you have for data warnings/limits? If coming from your phone check your settings and adjust as needed.

After refreshing your account, and if you still see data remaining, try 1 or more of the below

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@rophono 

call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

or tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page 

in front of the mien page click the little circular arrow icon in the bottom right corner to updated you will see it a different.

if you run out data it's will be off until next renewal or you like to buy it add-ons, but the Call & SMS. it's will be working if you not have data.

Becca3

Did you add any data add on's that have given you additional data? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down. The numbers might change.

Do any services work? Does data? No internet on wifi??

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rophono   on a safe side, you might want to check My Account again using Incognito mode or another browser.  The site has some cache issue and you might not see the updated info if you don't use Incognito mode to check

Another thing, it said you used 100%, of the data, can you still access data than?  It is the best check you can do

And even you mentioned  "It's as if I have run out of data (can't make calls, texts, use the internet without wifi). " , just an fyi, even you used up the data, it won't affect your calls and text.  

@rophono wrote:

I received a message from Public customer service saying I have used 100% of my Data but looking at my account I see I have 2.39 GB left (a little less than 50%). It's as if I have run out of data (can't make calls, texts, use the internet without wifi). 

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Public Mobile has been known to send these messages out by mistake.  As you've checked that you still have data remaining, ignore the text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.