cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing plan

LakesChic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change my Public Mobile plan from the 5GB at 3G, to the 15GB at 4G.  When I attempt to do that, I get this message: "After changing your plan, you will loose your current promotions."

Because of ambiguous wording, I need to know if "promotions" is different from "add-ons".  Will I lose my add-ons (one-time international minutes) if I change my plan?

15 REPLIES 15

abbeyC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, if I go from the 15.oo to 25.00 dollar a month plan, and I have3 groups of 500 min international will I lose those.  What about my 1/2 Gb of data that I have on the account.  

Finally, i signed up 2 years ago, and go the promotion of a reduced bill, and referral bonus'.  I do not get the points thing that are currently being used.  Will I lose the referral bonus and what about the people that I referred, will I lose their bonus??

Yup I would be. Many people have had that question and many regulars have done it with no harm done to any of those freebies and those many people have had the same result.  So I'm 99% confident I won't be the wrong one. I had an account myself that had all these freebies and changed it up a notch and everything stayed as was (except the plan). The agent is flat out wrong.

Unfortunately, it's not the first time fellow customers have come back here reporting completely wrong information provided by support. On the odd occasions (not always) that I have needed an agent to do something and they come back with something that I know is wrong then I have inform them that I know this is incorrect. Sometimes they insist. I then ask to escalate. A senior agent steps in and puts everything right or gives the right response.

@LakesChic wrote:

It is merely a forum of the blind leading the blind. I got a different answer from everyone,.

@LakesChic 

certainly not blind leading blind. 

Many here have years of experience with PM (although I am still a learner not expert like them), but trust me, many Community members know the system better than the agents, definitely than the agent who replied you

So, would you lost your promotion?

if you got those "activation promotion", those like free 2GB for xx months , those you see under My Promotions in My Account, then yes, you will loss those

If you got have those December bonus from PM for the last couple years, then NO, those the bonus you can keep forever until they all used up

Of course, you don't have to trust anyone here, but again, many members here know the system inside out and know MUCH better than the agent (No, I am just one of those who still learning from the experts here, but I am sure the answer I have given you here is correct)

LakesChic

I guess that's the price we "pay" for a cut-rate phone plan LOL.

So I guess the "proof will be in the pudding", when the plan change takes effect. If I loose the $0 add-ons, then you will be the wrong one!

And therein lies the problem with this support system. They. Are. Wrong. You will not lose the more is merrier freebies. You will not lose the odd freebies of data and long distance given over the years. The only thing at risk are activation promo items that have their own box area under the Shop Add-ons button. They're usually data items. I have a "winback" Canada minutes add-on in there. I don't think it would be at risk on a plan change as it wasn't an activation promo with that string attached.

It infuriates me to see support giving out completely false information.

LakesChic

NO I did not get a satisfactory reply through this thread.  It is merely a forum of the blind leading the blind. I got a different answer from everyone, none of which was correct. So THAT is why I want to delete the thread. It is pointless and misleading and confusing to anyone wanting the same information that I wanted! 
I did get a reply from an agent, which is: YES, I WILL LOOSE THE FREE ADD ONS from my previous plan.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is a community where all information can be shared with others for when they have the same question. Why would you want to delete it? Did you get a satisfactory reply from an agent? Did their reply corroborate what has been said here?

LakesChic

How do delete this thread??

@LakesChic wrote:

How do I contact a CS_Agent? I tried the chat but nothing happens when I click chat.  Or I get a robot which cannot help me.

CS_Agent is contacted by using the chatbot. If a customer requests that a ticket be opened, the chatbot will provide instructions for that.

LakesChic

How do I contact a CS_Agent? I tried the chat but nothing happens when I click chat.  Or I get a robot which cannot help me.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You are NOT going to lose your rewards (loyalty, etc.) nor balance on your account nor any add-ons you have.

This message is related if you currently have a plan which came with promo (xGB for y months, etc.).

Your rewards are tied up with your account not plan.

So go ahead and do schedule plan change!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It depends on when you signed up. If you signed up making use of a promotion like 2gb for a certain amount of time or even forever then you would lose that promotion item. It appears under Shop Add-ons in it's own area. Other than that you won't lose anything else.

@LakesChic 

I don’t know the specific of your old plan but for example: you get a bonus 2gb on the 3gb @ 3G.

To be sure, contact a CS_Agent to confirm what your current promotion link to your current plan before switching plan.

LakesChic

Please explain. What promotion, and what conditions are you referring to?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LakesChic 

No you won’t lose your Add-on it gets carried over but the promotion is tied to the conditions of the 5gb @ 3G plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.