cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed number but it’s not working

elao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number and then I called the new number using my moms phone and somebody answered it.

🫤 and now I can’t make outgoing calls or receive calls at all. what is going oonnnnn 😩😩

12 REPLIES 12

@BKNS27 wrote:

@dust2dust 

PM and other carriers should put a freeze for 90 days for those numbers that has been canceled/released to avoid this problem.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@dust2dust 

PM and other carriers should put a freeze for 90 days for those numbers that has been canceled/released to avoid this problem.

Carriers already do put cancelled phone numbers in list of numbers to not be assigned for a set amount of time after cancellation.

@dust2dust 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@elao 

Glad that powering off the phone and removing the SIM worked for you.

elao

Well I turned my phone off and took out the sim for about an hour or so. then turned it on without the sim, and then I put the sim after and it’s working now.  Thanks a lot everyone!!

HI @elao  if you have another phone, try to put your PM sim into the other phone, this would reprovision your sim and account and could fix the issue

A couple years ago I had trouble with one of two number changes. They fixed it. In the meantime, maybe fully shut down/power off the phone. Maybe even remove the sim. Then re-insert and power up. Maybe it will pick up the number.

Maybe also try the lost/stolen option in the account to suspend then resume.

Maybe also try manually adding $1 to the account.

But I imagine they will have to do something at their end. It could also be owned by another customer but just suspended and so it wouldn't seem to be valid. The support people will figure that out. So who knows you may even need to select another number. But wait for them to say.

elao

Hi thank you for your responses! I changed the number again that I called first to make sure it wasn’t in service. Now the problem is apparently my SIM card is still linked to my old number which is why I can’t make outgoing or receive incoming calls. I don’t know if it just takes time to change the number or? But I was speaking to agent who said they will send a ticket for it to be fixed. 

@BKNS27- So are we all. But there's some specific wording in the reply from the oracle. We don't know who the provider is of the number in question. It's that Public allowed it to be selected. This has been an ongoing problem here. Maybe it happens for all providers.

@elao 

I am surprised PM assigned the same number to 2 different members. I guess it happens.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@elao 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone then wait 2 minutes and power back on. See if that works to reset your phone.

Unfortunately, rebooting the phone wouldn't solve the issue of calls to that phone number going to someone else.  This is an issue of Public Mobile assigning a phone number that was already in use.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@elao 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone then wait 2 minutes and power back on. See if that works to reset your phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It happens. Change your number again. You get 4 per 30 days.

Adding - when you see one you like try it out first the same way you tested the other one. If someone answers, keep looking.

Need Help? Let's chat.