cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change number

nataliegilbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up on February 17 and on March 11 my number from my last provider got cancelled. I tried getting a new number but it won't let me. Does this mean I have to wait the whole 30 days? If so, this means I cannot get another number until the 17 and I have no phone.

HELP?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous 

LOL.....ROGERS = ROBBERS  (that explains a lot!)

@nataliegilbert 

Don't attempt a number change yet if you still want your old number. Call Rogers back and ask to speak to a supervisor or go right to the escalations department. Remind them they have obliigations under the WCC regulations and you are prepared to take them thru the full CCTS complaint process to be compensated for their actions. Ask them to instead settle the matter with you today by reinstating your account/phone number and releasing your number for porting. You will agree to pay the prorated bill from the date you initially requested the port upon recieving their paper bill in the mail.

Its all in what you say and who you talk to get your phone number released and ported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nataliegilbert : So can we run down the time line? You activated.

Did you transfer your old number during activation? Or afterwards?

Did you leave your old SIM in to wait for a text asking for confirmation?

Do you have a device balance outstanding at Robbers? Any amounts owing?

If you confirmed, then at that point Robbers should have transferred the number and closed your account.

Did you ever get like a final bill from them?

If you attempted the transfer at the same time as activating then it's my contention that you should be able to do a number change. Can you try a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/private mode to change the number.

Have you by now submitted a ticket?

@nataliegilbert wrote:

feb 17

which means  I won't have a phone until March 17

numberr.jpg

nataliegilbert

feb 17

which means  I won't have a phone until March 17

nataliegilbert

that's my old number.

ROGERS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nataliegilbert : Wow. That sounds messy. If you replied to a text saying go ahead and they didn't and still kept taking your money then why did it stop...I would take that up with the CCTS.

But if you log in to your self-serve you should see a number attached to your account. Is that your old number? Or some random new one? If new, then restart your phone and it should pick that number up and you could use that until you get the other sorted out.

Care to share who the old provider is?

nataliegilbert

they accepted the transfer but was still sending us our bill.

Today they told us that they they're not accepting the release of the number and cancelled the number and hung up on us.

Now I need a new number ASAP because I have no other telephone. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When was your phone number ported over to PM ?  I think it would be 30 days from that date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nataliegilbert : This is a bit of a confusing story. 🙂 Can you use the number that shows in your self-serve? Had you attempted to transfer your old number to here when you activated? Maybe it failed and the other account stayed alive until you didn't pay...or something.

Need Help? Let's chat.