cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I signed up to Public Mobile there was a promotion but I think an error was made....

Drew140
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I signed up to Public Mobile there was a promotion on the $40 package.  It was offered at $40 per month giving you 4.5 gig data and because I gave a credit card for the billing i got 5 gig additional data.  In reviewing my information on my account i am only seeing 4.0 gigs of data plus the additional 5 gig for using a credit card.  Why am i getting 5 gig less than offered?  How do i get this corrected?

7 REPLIES 7

@Drew140 

This is a public forum. You really should edit your post to remove the phone numbers.

edit.jpg

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Drew140 , If you log into your account, you should see your allotted data on the Overview page, My Data and Add ons.  Under Amount Used column you should see 200/5120, something like that, showing you have used 200 mb out of 5GB.  Do you see 4608MB +500MB?  I have 500MB +500MB for auto pay.  If you don't see the +500MB, that means your autopay was not added.  Check to make sure you have enabled autopay.  Paying for your plan with a credit card when you sign up does not necessarily initiate autopay.  Check on the payment screen, Available Funds in the green box to the right of the screen, does it say "AutoPay is active on this account"? if not, then you don't have autopay initiated.  You can add autopay by going to Manage AutoPay on the payment tab.  

data add ons pg.png 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drew140 : Sigh. Yet more confusing messaging from the marketing folks. Parse this one out. I think you'll need to clarify with the moderators. Make the company honour the better part of confusing wording.

When did you activate?

Drew140
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your response, but if i look at my plan details it clearly says 4.0 g data plus 500mb bonus for using credit card....but should be 4.5 g data plus 500mb bonus for using credit card.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Drew140 

Can you screenshot your Data and Add-Ons section, it'll look like this:

HALIMACS_0-1615488975519.png

I suspect you SHOULD BE getting 4.5 GB + a 0.5 GB (or 500 MB) auto-pay bonus to bring your monthly allotment up to 5 GB.

The plan details should be as follows:

HALIMACS_0-1615489171900.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Drew140 wrote:

When I signed up to Public Mobile there was a promotion on the $40 package.  It was offered at $40 per month giving you 4.5 gig data and because I gave a credit card for the billing i got 5 gig additional data.  In reviewing my information on my account i am only seeing 4.3 gigs of data plus the additional 5 gig for using a credit card.  Why am i getting 2 gig less than offered?  How do i get this corrected?

You need to take into account the decimal. 

0.5 is half of 1 GB. You have used only about 200 MB. Look in self service at your Usage History and you will see when this data was used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drew140 : I think you might be mis-interpreting. It would appear that you've USED .2gb of your 4.5gb bucket.

Need Help? Let's chat.