cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel account

francois9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I wish to cancel my account as my father is in a home and not using his cell phone anymore.

Please let me know how to proceed

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@francois9 

If you feel that using the pm account to have emergency contact with your father in the nursing home is no longer necessary then the easiest way to cancel the account is to allow it to be suspended for non payment and it will automatically be canceled and deactivated after 90 days without payment.

To prevent payment you can log into the self serve account and...

1. Disable autopay. The account will be suspended for non payment and canceled 90 days later.
  2. Replace the current payment card with a $0 credit gift card**. Autopay will fail and the account will be suspended for non payment and canceled 90 days later.
  3. Contact customer support to remove the payment card and the account will be suspended for non payment......as above...
  4. On Day 30 of the current plan before midnight eastern put the payment card on hold. Payment will fail....as above....Remove the hold from the payment card after noon eastern the following day. Calling the account Phone number or 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering the 10 digit phone # will confirm suspension.

**If you would like the details of a $0 visa gift card to use this method I have several that I am to share with pm customers. Please feel free to contact me via private message for this info.

You can also allow for the transfer of the account to someone who would like to take it over. If the account is on the old $$ rewards program I actively seek $$ rewards account transfers in order to pass them along to other members/customers on fixed or limited incomes so that they can stay connected with the cheapest plan price possible and still have the opportunity to further reduce their monthly bill payment to $0 which is much harder to achieve on the points program. If this is something you would consider and will make someone's holiday season even brighter please send me a private message. Joyeux Noel! 🎄🎁🎅

The easiest “no assist” way to remove credit card is. 

1. People here will give you a zero balance prepaid credit card to replace the one online. 

2. Buy a $25 Vanilla  prepaid MasterCard at the cost of $30. Put it on your account and then go shopping and spend it. That way “for sure” you know the card is removed. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Some one might want to assume the account and take it off of your hands. 

@darlicious 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@francois9...consider just downgrading to the cheapest plan ($15 / 30 days). That way he / you / nurse has emergency communication.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@francois9 

If you know his logon credentials for his self service account you can disable autopay and his account will automatically close after 90 days from his next renewal date, otherwise contact an agent.

You can try contacting an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.