cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive code

yeyuui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost my SIM card and I've already bought a replacement but I can't log in to my self serve account to transfer my subscription. It sent a code to my phone number but I don't have a SIM to receive my code and it doesn't have an option to send the code to my email. How can I work around this?

9 REPLIES 9

@yeyuui , a Telus store will not help you with a Public Mobile account. Please send a CS_Agent a private message to do your SIM Card swap for you!

yeyuui

It now shows this screen every time I try to log in so I think I'll just go to a Telus store tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to help me.Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 10.20.13 PM.png

@yeyuui , will this link change the way it asks you to login?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Edit: If not please send a private message to ask a CS_Agent to do a SIM Card swap for you. 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

yeyuui

Yes but it's the same on the app too 😓

@yeyuui , sorry! I don’t know why it looks like that! 😞 Are you able to try on the Public Mobile app? If not please try @MetaMorpheusMob  suggestion.

yeyuui

this is what it shows for meScreenshot 2023-08-28 at 10.06.42 PM.png

@yeyuui wrote:

It doesn't give me the "Didn't get the code?" option, it only has "Resend code", and when I click on it, there's only the option to "send text" or "send voice message".

@yeyuui , below where you are to input code it should say “Didn’t get the code?”

IMG_0222.jpeg

yeyuui

It doesn't give me the "Didn't get the code?" option, it only has "Resend code", and when I click on it, there's only the option to "send text" or "send voice message".

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@yeyuui wrote:

I lost my SIM card and I've already bought a replacement but I can't log in to my self serve account to transfer my subscription. It sent a code to my phone number but I don't have a SIM to receive my code and it doesn't have an option to send the code to my email. How can I work around this?

@yeyuui , if you select “Didn’t get the code?” does it give you other options like it does for me in screenshot below?

IMG_0221.jpeg

Edit: After you’re able to login:

Follow these steps to update the SIM number associated with your account:

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left) or My Account
  2. Go to the ‘Profile’ tab
  3. Select the pencil icon next to your current SIM number
  4. Enter your the 16-digit code of your new SIM
  5. Select ‘Save Changes’

Or use this direct link: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Need Help? Let's chat.