cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't log in because phone is lost

jeanetteeeee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't log into my public mobile account because my phone is lost. It's sending a verification to my lost phone text and i don't have the phone. How do i log onto my account?

5 REPLIES 5

@softech wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@jeanetteeeee - I hit the 'resend code' once then I got the email option. This should work if you've logged in with the new format.

@esjliv that only suppsed to work if the EverSafe id was created earlier

however, as the announcement thread suggest, there could be a workaround

Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

@softech - that is what I meant "with the new format". And I only had to hit 'resend code' once to get the email option for a code.

@esjliv wrote:

@jeanetteeeee - I hit the 'resend code' once then I got the email option. This should work if you've logged in with the new format.

@esjliv that only suppsed to work if the EverSafe id was created earlier

however, as the announcement thread suggest, there could be a workaround

Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Otherwise, see @Handy1 's methods to contact customer support to help issue your phone lost/stolen, if that is what you want done.

Once you obtain a new SIM card (maybe phone) then, See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeanetteeeee 

PM started using a new login system called EverSafe earlier this week.  You need your phone to setup this new login system for security

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet, then, you won't be able to create the ID on the new My Account without the a working phone with a working PM sim.  Sending the code to email would not be a choice until a EverSafe id is setup

but try this first

If that does not work, please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation, Private message CS agent at 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jeanetteeeee  You can *611 to dis able auto lay or get support to help 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.